720 handsfree to Samsung phones? Pairing failed....

Looking to see if anyone else has successfully paired a Samsung SCH-a870 or a Samsung SCH-u740.

The tt finds the phone, and the phone finds the tt, but when I go to pair them I get to the tt screen where it says checking phone features. It goes to 10% and just stays there. It eventually times out on the phone and it says pairing failed.

Anyone else have a Samsung phone paired?

Looking to see if anyone else has successfully paired a Samsung SCH-a870 or a Samsung SCH-u740.

The tt finds the phone, and the phone finds the tt, but when I go to pair them I get to the tt screen where it says checking phone features. It goes to 10% and just stays there. It eventually times out on the phone and it says pairing failed.

Anyone else have a Samsung phone paired?

I couldn't pair with my a640 either. Then again, I also couldn't pair with my Blackberry.

I have yet to call support for assistance.

I finally got the phone to pair. Unfortunately the tomtom progress bar only goes to 40%. It then times out and says there was an error checking the features.

The thing is though, I know the hands free works, because after it paired while it was sitting at 40%...I got a phone call and was using the tomtom handsfree. Then when it timed out and I got the error message, it unpaired the connection.

So close, but now cigar...any ideas how to make the tomtom only check for hands free and not check for contacts, wireless data etc.?

Not that I know of yet. I finally got it to 100% (after finding the right order of doing things), then it says that wireless data is supported, but after that the phone won't pair.

Seems like there should be a way to report this to TomTom so they can make the update to their software.

I guess you could try..unfortunately I don't see you succeeding. They've already told me they don't support verizon. Which is obviously ridiculous if they wanna play in the US market. A lot of good it does us that they support like 50 GSM phones.:mad:

I finally got the phone to pair. Unfortunately the tomtom progress bar only goes to 40%. It then times out and says there was an error checking the features.

The thing is though, I know the hands free works, because after it paired while it was sitting at 40%...I got a phone call and was using the tomtom handsfree. Then when it timed out and I got the error message, it unpaired the connection.

So close, but now cigar...any ideas how to make the tomtom only check for hands free and not check for contacts, wireless data etc.?
I got it to work with my samsung. i do request for pairing, goes to 40% and finds it. then i cancel on my phone while its still at 40% and i do search for bluetooth and finds the 720. once i click 720 on my phone, it goes to 100% and is paired for hands free calling.

I got it to work with my samsung. i do request for pairing, goes to 40% and finds it. then i cancel on my phone while its still at 40% and i do search for bluetooth and finds the 720. once i click 720 on my phone, it goes to 100% and is paired for hands free calling.

I will try this later today, thanks!

I tried it and no luck on my u740...what is tomtom's reason for not support verizon? I can't believe they wouldn't want more bluetooth phones to work in order to get more tomtom plus service subscribers. Anyone else have a trick for getting a samsung to pair up with the 720?

Pairing to the u740

Can someone state the exact order of how to pair the TT 720 to the samsung SCH u740? I get the phone to recognise the tt but then it won't pair. I get the tt to recognise the phone but then it stops at 10%. I have tried doing searches and pairings at different times but no luck. It looks like someone figured out how to do it - which should I do first, seach for the phone with the tt or the other way around? Thanks,,,,:confused:

What model is your phone?

Could you give a step by step of how you did it? thanks.

Ask a Question