720 and LG Dare handsfree stops working

Recently on two of my 720s (one week apart), the handsfree would not connect to my LG Dare. It had been working fine for several months. Will only connect again if you connect the 720 to your computer with TT Home, then disconnect from the computer (seems to do a soft reset).

Problem is with the TomTom because the LG Dare will connect to the other 720 just fine.

This had happened three times (once on one unit, twice on the other). Not certain what has caused it. Anyone have any idea?

Are the 2 units using different versions of the application?

It seems the latest (8.351) introduced a bug causing bluetooth to work for a couple of days and then cease until the user did a pin reset on the unit.

Identical software and maps (the most recent).

i spent over 90 minutes deleting and adding the bluetooth connection again before I thought of connecting to TT Home.

Never did a pin reset.

Connecting to home reboots the software like a pin reset does. It's probably what fixed your issue.

If you don't use FM transmission, downgrade to 8.302 as it doesn't have this bug. See here.

Ask a Question