720 disappeared from BestBuy Canada website

Actually, the reason I posted the pictures is because when it came out here in Canada it was priced at $499 and it was never on sale. That was the regular price.

It just seems strange to me that it was bumped all the way to $599.

completely off topic...

Is anyone aware of the music they play on the television commercial? I know it's a bit strange, but the music is REALLY great! thanks

The 720 was on sale on line during the Labour Day weekend. I am in Winnipeg and bought one on line for $424.99 plus 13% tax. It has been great and I have been putting it thru its paces around the city. Have not tried bluetooth or an SD card. However the unit is slick. Only complaint is it is not as bright as I would like in bright sunlight. I have played with the brightness settings but that doesn't help much. It has some quirks like all electronic devices.

I am not a novice to GPS units. I have used them since 1992. I started with a handheld used for hunting and in my boat. I moved up to a colour Lowrance with a 5" screen for the boat. I have loaded city maps/road maps into it and have used it in my car. I have done comparisons of both units and the Lowrance is more accurate in exact positioning. The Lowrance with WAAS gets an accuracy within 16 ft. This is important on the water where underwater hazards exist. The 720 is great for driving accuracy and voice instructions. I really like the 720 and would recommend it. I discover new features everytime I use it.

I would recommend that anyone who purchases it to practice with it to understand how it presents navigation instructions. It does take some getting used to. That said, it is intuitive-friendly and can be used right out of the box.

No major problems as yet. Needs a protective case as I find that I now take it everywhere with me.

Well their Thanksgiving Sale with "15% off all GPS units" sets the ONE at $229.99 (save $20 if you buy refurbished). For whatever reason, the ONE XL is still listed at list price. Don't know if the 15% means 15% off the list price. Which means the ONE at $229.99 gets another 15% off which is pretty good (or roughly no taxes)

I believe that $229 for the One is the final price. The newspaper ad lists it as the final clearance price, so I guess that in the future, the only One available will be the new Version 3 with no SD card slot (BAD!!!).

By the way, Tiger Direct in Canada has refurbished One's for $169.

im working at future shop in quebec and we have the 720 for 549$ (retails, not on offer) with plenty in stock

since we start receiving them we exchange only one unit that was defect upon the dozen that we have sold so far... no customer feedback about the bluethooth probleme yet

im working at future shop in quebec and we have the 720 for 549$ (retails, not on offer) with plenty in stock

since we start receiving them we exchange only one unit that was defect upon the dozen that we have sold so far... no customer feedback about the bluethooth probleme yet

Can you check what is the revision number on the box of the 720?
I have only seen 8M00.780 in BestBuy (before they dropped the product from their website ... and have no new stock in the store).

Someone did report to have seen / purchased the 720 which has a new revision number on the box (ie. 8M00.780.7.01 ... something like that) ... I am hoping that all new stock will have the new revision and doesn not have the hands-free buzzing problem.

i just check and all the unit that i have in stock have 8m00.780.7.01 written on the box

Thanks for checking.

cool... so they are with the new revision. Please keep us posted if you are seeing any return becoz of buzzing hands-free.

I hope Bestbuy will start getting the new stock too.... I need an Exchange for my unit which has the old revision ... and will hands-free problem.

Got a new unit from Futureshop

Yeah, I figured. I know a friend of mine that wants to exchange his 720 and I think he's getting impatient :)

Here is what I did......
Go to Futureshop with my 3 weeks old Bestbuy receipt..... ask if they are willing to sell me a 720 with the same price I paid at BestBuy (424.99 + tax) ....the guy took my BB receipt to see the manager. After a few minutes, he came back and said ok ... but they will only allow Exchange of the new unit. .... I said "that's fine".
We then proceed with the transaction..... I am surprised that he actually did a price-match ... so I end up paying even less then what BB charged me. :D

Anyway .... I then package up my old 720 ... and went to BB asking for a refund.

All worked out fine.

I will test the new unit and report back. BTW, it has the new revision number at the bottom of the box (8M00.780.7.01)

Thanks a lot, will pass on the advice.

Usually BB and FS have no problem price matching each other, cause they are both the same company. One time I was buying a DVD that was on sale at FS, but I didn't know about it, she PM for me. :)

Future Shop today ad (montreal) : 479.99$C.
Only Garmins on BB - maybe they don't want you to price match & get 10% more.:D

the 720 at this price is a real deal !

only if it works as advertised.

I am glad to report that the unit I got from FS (with the new revision number) have no problem with hands-free. The volume are a bit low, but at least there is no buzzing noise.
I have also tested AUX and FM transmit ... they both seems to work fine.
Again, the volume on the FM transmit are a bit low ..... I have to adjust my radio to compensate.

I still want voice recognition as they have in EMEA.

Also, for some reason, TomTom home show all the EMEA safty camera when checking update for my unit.... really weir .... I am afraid installing those will break my machine. Better stay away ... even when they are free. :D

Ask a Question