720 disappeared from BestBuy Canada website

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
With all the returns of defective unit (hands-free buzzing) .... maybe BB decided to stop selling this model?!

Anyone have any inside information?

I noticed that too.

When I stopped by Best Buy yesterday and all the 720's were open boxed items.

I am looking for an exchange. If they don't have new stock coming in, I will be returning for a refund before my 14 day is up with this unit.

I don't have confidence that TomTom really know what is the root cause of the hands-free buzzing ... and how to fix it.

This is my forth 720 from besybuy .... the previous three all have the buzzing problem (even before the SW upgrade) .... and this one is a little better....
no buzzing .. but my voice was kinda choppy and distored coming out from the other end.

Are they selling all defective unit as open-box item? if that's the case ..... bad bad boy Bestbuy !!!

I just checked the US BestBuy website and they still have the 720 model up and available. I also looked at the reviews to see if anyone had been complaining about the issue and found nothing- all the review being positive. Is this issue just isolated to Canada? It doesn't seem to be bothering BestBuy US.

Last edited:
The ratings of the reviews at Best Buy have been declining. There are others seeing the issues with the hands free, SD Card issues, the algorythm for determining ETA and that overall lack of support from Tom Tom. This is the thing I find most troublesome and was my reason for return of my third unit for a refund. I am not sure now long Tom Tom can take these hits are their product without doing something to correct the issue and most of all be forthcoming about it.

720 is back on Bestbuy.ca

the product is listed on their website again. but there is no stock.

The instore availability also not available.

I hope they will have some new stock coming in soon... so I can get another exchange.... and hopefully I will get a unit without the hands-free problem.

I had trouble finding one here in Minneapolis. I had to search around all the local stores and finally found one.

Man, I just got back from Best Buy with my brother (I know I go there a lot) because I was planning on buying the new iPod Nano and stopped by the GPS section.

There was no 720's in stock but I checked the price and now its selling at $599!!! :mad:

Man, I just got back from Best Buy with my brother (I know I go there a lot) because I was planning on buying the new iPod Nano and stopped by the GPS section.

There was no 720's in stock but I checked the price and now its selling at $599!!! :mad:

online still show $499. interesting. :confused:

Few weeks ago it's on sale at BestBuys Montreal at 50$ off list price (499$).
How can it be 599$ ?:confused:

It's gone again (29/09)

donne what's going on. the 720 is not listed on bestbuy.ca website anymore.

To the non-believers here is the current price of the TT720 unit in Canada. These are photo's taken by my camera phone so its not very clear.

The best buy sales man told me it was just a promo when it came out :confused:

03-10-07_1809.jpg

03-10-07_1810.jpg

As always it takes time for the conversion to take effect. Just check out an iPod Touch 16gb. $449 in Canada and $399 in the US (before any discounts). Not to mention alot of us live in Ontario with 14% tax. Drive across the border and get rid of the box and save huge. Most even have warranties that cover you in Canada and the US.

Of course they will have to react quickly when BestBuy/FutureShop sales plummet. The suppliers don't care as a sale is a sale. Just check out the car market. If you want to buy a used car cheap just wait.

Nathan...

Ask a Question