540s tetimonials

TomTom Model(s)
540 S
I would like to purchase this unit but I am afraid because of all the download issues I''ve read about on this forum. Have there been any issues with the 540s concerning download problems. If so, can a tech novice like myself wade through it and get it fixed. Some on here seem to have great technical skills and it might be simple for them to fix their problems. I'm not an idiot, just not as technically gifted as others. Any help would be appreciated.

To be honest, there can -- and are -- issues with every model from time to time.

If and when you get the unit, the absolute first thing to do is to make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. This is your safety net and if anything goes wrong you have the backup.

There are plenty of people here who are prepared to offer their help.

I had problems signing up for the year of map updates, but this seems to have resolved itself.

I have found tomtom customer support to be helpful and easy to work with. The only issue that took some time to resolve was with the enrolling in the mapupdate service. I reported the problem but since the issue was with a a backend server, it took a bit of time to resolve. 4-6 weeks. In the meantime, support provided me a map update at a reduced cost. Can not complain about that.

The unit itself is great. sound level is very loud. screen is big and easy to read. Seems to route
pretty well. have used it around NC mountains and RTP area with no complaints.

would buy one again.

Many Thanks

Many thanks for the responses. I feel confident that should I encounter any issues with my new unit, someone here will try to help me through it. It's also reassuring that one would purchase the same unit/brand again. I'm looking forward to interacting with others on the forum. Have a blessed day. Thanks again.

Ask a Question