510 thinks its a 710

I have a Woot refurbished 510 that works perfectly so far. I transferred the maps and apps to a 2 gb sd card and all works fine except when I use it at Tomtom Home it calls it a 710 and I cannot change it .I've tried changing it from the device tab ,but it doesn 't give me that option. When I put the original card back in it calls it a 510 again. Any solutions or should I just not be concerned about it? Redman 92

Mine thought it was a 910. ;)

Are you not getting any messages about activating your maps, either in TT Home, or when you're using the 2GB SD card?

Once I straightened out my map licensing problem (which was a free map upgrade, received while the unit was being refurbished) with TomTom Customer Services, I had no further incidents where TT Home thought my unit might be a GO 910.

My 510 thinks it's a 710 too. I don't think it makes much of a difference so I chose to leave it alone.
It works fine.

My 510's thought it was a 710 for months now. I think it happened when I upgraded maps from USA & Canada to "North America" and switched to a 2GB SD Card. It causes no problems as far as I can tell... I'm happy to stick with it :)

Thanks to all that replied. I'm going to leave well enough alone unless it becomes a problem down the road. Looks like from your replies it will be ok.

There is a way to change it. I read it a while back somewhere.
It is under a directory. You have to open up one of the files with notepad and change it there. I just dont remember which file it is.

As everyone states, its not big deal. They are both the same units with different maps.

I have a 510 that has 710 written at its bottom.
A 710 is a 510 with different map packaging.
To avoid confuse, TomTom won't be marketting a 520 in North America, just a 720. Choices of maps are more numerous for Europe only.

I have a Woot refurbished 510 that works perfectly so far. I transferred the maps and apps to a 2 gb sd card and all works fine except when I use it at Tomtom Home it calls it a 710 and I cannot change it .I've tried changing it from the device tab ,but it doesn 't give me that option. When I put the original card back in it calls it a 510 again. Any solutions or should I just not be concerned about it? Redman 92

i found a file go510.dat in root of old sd card and copied it over now knows is 510
per tomtom tech 510 and 710 same unit 710 sold in europe 510 here in us,also foot note in root directory on 510 start up screeen is splashw and turn off screen is suspendw all in tomtom root directory on sd card or backups..

Ask a Question