TT510 thinks it's a TT710

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 510
So I'm completely lost now... I upgraded to a 2GB SD card on my TT510 and installed the North America maps instead of the US & Canada maps. After doing so, TT Home thinks my 510 is a 710. I thought that's where it ended, but it appears I'm wrong. When I reboot my TT, it comes up in the top right corner where informational messages (e.g., "Connected to iPod") are displayed and says "Welcome to TomTom GO 710", so apparently, my TT device also thinks it's a 710.

I suppose this really isn't a problem, as it doesn't affect it's operation. I'm just confused about the whole situation. Anyone else have this happen to them?

As long as it works, don't worry about it. A 510 is identical to a 710, only the 710 has different map options. Somebody please corrects me if I am wrong.
By the way my 510 has 'Go710' written at its bottom.

Yeah, trying changing the device in HOME by going into Device>Change Device.

If it makes you feel any better, TT HOME thinks my TT1 is a version 4 (meaning a TT1 v3) which of course I don't have because its not available to consumers yet AFAIK.

No worries.
They are the same device. The only thing that makes them different is the maps on the SD card.

510 and 710 are the same in the US

My refurbished 510 (on the box) is a 710. The software showed this right away. I called Tomtom and they told me that the only difference is the maps that come with the unit in Europe.

Ask a Question