New TT510 (refurb)- Cannot activate map- Advise appreciated.

Hi- new user here.
I just got a new TT510 for Xmas. A card inside says its a refurb. That's fine, looks like a nice set, I just can't get past the activation stage.

I have the product code, device code, and have been given the activation code (several times) from the ttcode.com site.
When I enter the code- whether from the unit touch screen, or from TThome when docked- I get the message that I am entering the wrong activation code for the USA_Canada Map.

I have downloaded all of the reccommended updates via TThome. I've downloaded and run the flash memory clearing utility, no help. I am at my wits end on this one.

Can anyone tell me a fix for this? This looks like a neat unit, I sure would like to be actually able to use it.

Thanks guys

Go to the following site and follow the instructions: http://www.ttcode.com/index.php?strLanguage=us .:) Good luck

Thanks, Bro-I think I figured it out.
I got a refurb, and I am thinking they uploaded the latest maps to the unit when they refurbished it, but I still have the original product code.
I'll try calling Tech support when they are open- hopefully tomorrow- and get them to assign me a new product code for the new maps. *crosses fingers*.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Unless it was marked as a referb when it was purchased I'd exchange it. Referbs can not be sold as new, it's the law in the US.

Same thing if one get a new unit and it's DOA, the manufacture can not replace it with a referb. If you've had it for a while then they can.

I had the same problem with my refurbished GO 510. I called TomTom 3 times, they had me format the SD card, TWICE. Did not work!! Finally I talked to someone at TomTom who knew what he was doing. He had me download a program that erases the flash, restarted the unit, no more "Activation Code Needed". I can't remember the web address that he gave me, just call and ask for the download.

I just found the link to the download:
http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6178&Lid=1

Last edited:

Ask a Question