TT1 completely changed how i travel
couldnt imagine such a road trip with out it
Maps? directions? mapquest? etc...
out of 3700 miles there were only a handful of issues
such as wanting me to turn on roads that didnt exist
bring me through a High school baseball field thinking there was a road there
would say only 5 instance of such out of 3700 miles, consider that dang good
what i didnt like was the POI, were basically useless
was running out of gas in WV, and would bring me to lil service shops that were closed, couldnt find big name stations
hotels was decent for interstate hotels, but useless elsewhere,
museums, Stateparks, national parks, all useless
i went to about 20-30 National parks, not one was on the TT1, even though i downloaded a National parks POI,

TT1 completely changed how i travel
couldnt imagine such a road trip with out it
Maps? directions? mapquest? etc...
out of 3700 miles there were only a handful of issues
such as wanting me to turn on roads that didnt exist
bring me through a High school baseball field thinking there was a road there
would say only 5 instance of such out of 3700 miles, consider that dang good
what i didnt like was the POI, were basically useless
was running out of gas in WV, and would bring me to lil service shops that were closed, couldnt find big name stations
hotels was decent for interstate hotels, but useless elsewhere,
museums, Stateparks, national parks, all useless
i went to about 20-30 National parks, not one was on the TT1, even though i downloaded a National parks POI,

It's one thing to dl a National Park poi; its another to install it correctly. Did the .ov2 get placed in the specific map folder and was there an accompanying .bmp file? If so, was the naming convention EXACTLY the same? For example: national_pk.ov2 MUST be matched with national_pk.bmp. Something like National_pk.bmp will NOT work.

Glad to hear you had a safe trip!

TT does help to be more confident behind the wheel doesn't it? On my summer trip (about half the miles you put in) the only glitch was a human one. On the toll road prompt, I answered I wanted to avoid them when I really wanted to take the fastest route. It's a tricky "do you want to AVOID the toll rolls" instead of "do you want to take the toll roads." If you hit "yes," you can drive miles out of the way.

TT does help to be more confident behind the wheel doesn't it? On my summer trip (about half the miles you put in) the only glitch was a human one. On the toll road prompt, I answered I wanted to avoid them when I really wanted to take the fastest route. It's a tricky "do you want to AVOID the toll rolls" instead of "do you want to take the toll roads." If you hit "yes," you can drive miles out of the way.

Have a look at the second paragraph.
Cheers,

Ask a Question