Mazda CX-5 NB1 change miles to Kim's

TomTom Model(s)
Mazda NB1
The CX-5 we got yesterday has miles and yards rather than Kim's and metres. Anyone know how to change to Kms, please?

Yes - I don't think it's very helpful. I didn't identify something about changing miles to kms from the comment about units that is in the manual:Tap this button to set the units used on your Mazda NB1 for features such as route planning.

Features? Odd word, from my perspective. Route planning? Hardly relevant to temperature, barometric pressure, etc.
Anyway, I'm just glad folks like those on the forum exist to help the process go more smoothly :D

Yes, I took a look at that part of the manual. Pretty useless, I agree.
It's just speculation on my part, but I would not be surprised if the cause of the poorly written manual is that it is either a direct translation from the original by someone whose first language is not English, or was written by someone whose first language is not English.

Literal translations can sometimes have little resemblance to the meaning of the original, because language can be very context-sensitive. Many years ago, when my German was adequate (it was never native-fluent, and now I've forgotten most of it) I made some major errors that did not really look wrong with a literal translation from English into German.

IMO, it is always false economy to hire anyone but a native to translate into their own language. English is especially sensitive because of geographic variations. UK English and US English are generally similar, but there are some "entertaining" examples of very different meanings of words and phrases between them.

With best wishes,
- Tom-

Yes, I took a look at that part of the manual. Pretty useless, I agree.
It's just speculation on my part, but I would not be surprised if the cause of the poorly written manual is that it is either a direct translation from the original by someone whose first language is not English, or was written by someone whose first language is not English.

Call me cynical.... but I've always thought the English language versions of the manual were written by someone with a very good command of English....

However, that person also only had a very cursory idea of how the devices work or what they were capable of!
The "full manual" has always seemed more like a "quick-start guide" to me.

I'm having the same problem with the TomTom in the 2014 Mazda 6. You don't say how you resolved it. Can someone provide details? Step by step would be nice.

Ask a Question