3/12/07 - Contest Questions ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about the new time changes when I made the time limits for the contest. I adjusted them for the 1st and 2nd weeks to give everyone a fair shot at the free TomTom :)

I forgot about the new time changes when I made the time limits for the contest. I adjusted them for the 1st and 2nd weeks to give everyone a fair shot at the free TomTom :)

You should change the language in that sentence preceding the time periods, too... still says 2 hours for week one.

What determines the last poster is how much time goes by between posts. It will start at 2 hours between posts. If you post during that first week and 2 hour goes by without someone else posting, then you win! The time frame will get shorter over the weeks!

question:

say someone posts at 8:00PM, we'll call him person A.
No one else's posts... Person A posts again before the allot time limit is up. For the 4 hour week say they post again at 11:30PM - 3.5 hours into the original post.

Does the time go from their first post @ 8:00PM and end @ Midnight or does it reset from their 11:30 post?

If the same person posts back to back, their first post in that series will be the one that starts the timer.

might as well start something fun right?

On my way across the country with my trusty TT, i started to change voices to Mr. T. when he was speaking out directions, this old lady next to me was looking over and.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthiness
so everyone's time resets at 00:00 PDT tonight right? so if you're in the middle of a 4 hour run, you don't win, right?

uh oh.... I think you found a loophole!!!

what if you posted at 10:15PM tonight (pacific time of course) and someone doesn't post again until 12:16AM tomorrow....

Do you win?

JASON!!!!! we need you to clarify! i'll see if I can rasie him....

Will the TomTom come with the latest maps? It'd kind of suck to have to pay for maps after winning such a brutal contest. :D

I'm just saying that I would assume that TomTom would hook the winner up with an up to date unit. I think that's a fair question.

Will the TomTom come with the latest maps? It'd kind of suck to have to pay for maps after winning such a brutal contest. :D

If I win it, the answer is yes, they will be updated.

Anyone else wins...you get maps four versions old. So stop posting to the contest thread -- it's really not worth your time to win old maps.

;)

If I win it, the answer is yes, they will be updated.

Anyone else wins...you get maps four versions old. So stop posting to the contest thread -- it's really not worth your time to win old maps.

;)

as long as anyone who's not a moderator wins, I'll be a happy camper. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question