3/12/07 - Contest Questions ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I saw that after I posted, sorry about that.

I do have a question, is there any region restrictions? That is, people from Canada, US, UK, etc. will be eligible to win?

Anyone can win..location does not matter :)

can I offer a suggestion as I'm not sure this is going to have the desired effect that you want.

I understand that you're trying to drive traffic to the site and want to increase activity... however this contest is going to just create a huge amount of 'bump' posts that is going to dillute the quality information that is available here.

I think the last thing this forum needs is to have hundreds of posts that contain nothing but useless info just to qualify as a 'post'.

Just my two cents. I think it'd be a much more entertaining contest if there was some sort of creativity involved, but that's just my take on it.

I know that I will not enjoy coming and reading the boards if I have to sift through a bunch of junk posts and I'm assuming that others might feel the same way.

How about a photoshop contest similar to the weekly contest over at woot.com where people can create a tomtom themed image that tomtom could then elect to use in one of their ad campaigns?

Timezone?

What time zone are we using for reference?

You say the contest starts at 00:00:00, but in which timezone...

can I offer a suggestion as I'm not sure this is going to have the desired effect that you want.

I understand that you're trying to drive traffic to the site and want to increase activity... however this contest is going to just create a huge amount of 'bump' posts that is going to dillute the quality information that is available here.

I think the last thing this forum needs is to have hundreds of posts that contain nothing but useless info just to qualify as a 'post'.

Just my two cents. I think it'd be a much more entertaining contest if there was some sort of creativity involved, but that's just my take on it.

I know that I will not enjoy coming and reading the boards if I have to sift through a bunch of junk posts and I'm assuming that others might feel the same way.

How about a photoshop contest similar to the weekly contest over at woot.com where people can create a tomtom themed image that tomtom could then elect to use in one of their ad campaigns?

or will there be a specific contest thread that all the posts will be tallied in... maybe I read the rules incorrectly.

wow... pretty unique idea if you ask me.

This is NOT a question... this thread is for question only. ;) Need to read a bit better Nexty.

=truthiness;7381]

I think what Jasoon is saying is the posts will be in this forum/thread only for the contest, not the entired site.

okay... one more question... are there going to be four winners? Or will there be a drawing between the winner from each week 1-4?

I don't know the answer to that one. As you may know I've been 'away' for a bit and just saw this news. I am reading and rereading the announcement.

I'm pretty sure there is only going to be one TT ONE given away. But the way Jason words this, it appears there could be 4.

I still think it will be just 1 though.

The official board time you may notice is -8 (pacific time). This is what we go by.

There will be one winner only. The contest length is a maximum of 4 weeks, but could end within 1 week if certain requirements are met which is laid out in the rules.

The contest posts are contained in the contest forum only. Any post goes...you can post a word, a thought, something intelligent or something idiotic..it's up to you :) All you have to do is be the last poster according to the rules.

New question:

The other threads I've wanted to post one word to Pedro now and again but it says my post is too short. same deal here? Minimum length?

New question:

The other threads I've wanted to post one word to Pedro now and again but it says my post is too short. same deal here? Minimum length?

The same applies. That's a global setting that I want to leave. Just use a longer word :)

Remember you can post whatever you want (nothing obscene)..so be creative. Post the alphabet, your favorite song, a news story, the same word over and over again 30 times.....you get the idea

Just checking..... and I would not have double posted but I can't edit my origional post.... per the contest rules. So the second though was a second post.

(sorry no question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question