2nd Tom Tom - New Maps?

I have a One 3rd Edition. USA and Canada Maps version 705.1481. I was thinking of buying the maps update, but was also thinking about getting a 2nd device for another car. If I get a 2nd One 3rd Edition (saw one today for $99 after rebate in the paper). If I get the new TomTom, I would assume I would get the latest maps (or the 30 day update download). Would they apply to BOTH devices?

Basically it comes down to:

1. Buy a 2nd device for $99
2. Buy new maps for $60 (USA) or $80 (USA and Canada).

Seems to be a no brainer - as long as I can apply the new maps from my newer device to my old device....

Anyone know if this will work?

I have a One 3rd Edition. USA and Canada Maps version 705.1481. I was thinking of buying the maps update, but was also thinking about getting a 2nd device for another car. If I get a 2nd One 3rd Edition (saw one today for $99 after rebate in the paper). If I get the new TomTom, I would assume I would get the latest maps (or the 30 day update download). Would they apply to BOTH devices?

Basically it comes down to:

1. Buy a 2nd device for $99
2. Buy new maps for $60 (USA) or $80 (USA and Canada).

Seems to be a no brainer - as long as I can apply the new maps from my newer device to my old device....

Anyone know if this will work?

Unfortunately, maps are locked to a specific device, even when 2 devices are the same model. So, sharing of maps won't work.

Ask a Question