2 questions

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom one XL
I now have a TT one xl 1st question is by buying a 2GB card and transferring the internal memory to it how much space would be left on that 2gig? good enough for lots of custom POI files that are posted here? stuff like that.

Question 2: If I want to put a 4GB card in i will be looking for a card with no high speed/high capacity if that particular card did not have a speed listed on it would it slow down the GPS unit or should it run as normal.basically am i looking for a card with a specific read write speed listed on the pack?

TIA to all who reply.

I now have a TT one xl 1st question is by buying a 2GB card and transferring the internal memory to it how much space would be left on that 2gig? good enough for lots of custom POI files that are posted here? stuff like that.

Question 2: If I want to put a 4GB card in i will be looking for a card with no high speed/high capacity if that particular card did not have a speed listed on it would it slow down the GPS unit or should it run as normal.basically am i looking for a card with a specific read write speed listed on the pack?

TIA to all who reply.

* As for the space left on the 2GB card, you should have a little over 1GB available after the copy because the ONE XL has a 1GB built in memory.

* You really might want to consider a high speed card. Even TomTom's website recommends using the highest speed card possible on the bottom of the following site:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/category.php?ID=1&Language=1&query=sdhc&FID=2634

I understand; What I'm saying is I found a 4gb card that is not hs nor is HC just a plain 4gb sd card, The thing I'm worried about is that it says nothing on the pack about being 155X or 60X speed. if i got this would it make the unit slow?

Thanks

Last edited:
I fail to see why you would need such a large card. Go with a 2 gb one. It works and it offers more room than you are ever going to need.

The new 7.10 North America maps are just under 2gb for the 720 and over 2gb for the 920. That says to me eventually us one owners are going to need something over 2gb to keep up with the new maps. If I didn't have a 2gb card already and I was just upgrading, I would go with a 4gb also.

Thats the main reason really future proofing i guess?. So does anyone know if the card i spoke about(4gb) would work ok in the one xl

The new 7.10 North America maps are just under 2gb for the 720 and over 2gb for the 920. That says to me eventually us one owners are going to need something over 2gb to keep up with the new maps. If I didn't have a 2gb card already and I was just upgrading, I would go with a 4gb also.

My thoughts exactly. The maps are only going to get bigger and bigger as time goes on. I'd rather get one card that will work for the longest period of time!

Originally Posted by digital-flex
This is the exact one I got -
http://www.canadacomputers.com/main....&cid=990. 218

This card is on Amazon, part number matches. Think I'll give it a try.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BR3OHI
Here you go

Thanks for that. I just picked up a Topram 4GB SD card form Ebay, from all the research I have done today for brands that work this was one of the good ones that were confirmed working in a one. On the other hand for the $27 bucks it cost me I could not of even come close to getting a card here in Canada for anywhere near that price.

Thanks for that. I just picked up a Topram 4GB SD card form Ebay, from all the research I have done today for brands that work this was one of the good ones that were confirmed working in a one. On the other hand for the $27 bucks it cost me I could not of even come close to getting a card here in Canada for anywhere near that price.

Good deal, and you won't need another one. If you fill that one up, it's time to get a new GPS!!!:D

Ask a Question