2 Questions.

Hi All.

I have 2 questions here.

1- Which memory card should I buy for additional maps?
Okay i bought SD card with 4 GB. and i dont know if 4 GB will match my 720 GPS. ??? because i was browsing tomtom site and i found something different there. i found that I have 2 get 2 GB is this true or i just misunderstood??

anyways here's the link please tell me. TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product

2- How can i save address in my favorite ?? I see Favorite icon there but blank so i cant tap on it because of this .. and how many addresses i can save there . is there any limit ?

Thank you so much.

The TT site is out of date. You can use up to a 32 gig sdhc card in a 720. A 4 gig sdhc card is fine.

Many don't use favourites at all. Use a custom poi category called _My_Favourites /9notice the leading _ which allows for the category to 'float' to the top ina listing) then add each of your favourites as poi location in the category. You can name it as an address.

The advantage of this method is you can have 100's of points in the category (vs. just 48 in Favourites); further, when a new map update comes out, just copy your custom .ov2 file to the new map folder, without worrying about trying to restore an old mapsettings.cfg file properly.

The TT site is out of date. You can use up to a 32 gig sdhc card in a 720. A 4 gig sdhc card is fine.

Many don't use favourites at all. Use a custom poi category called _My_Favourites /9notice the leading _ which allows for the category to 'float' to the top ina listing) then add each of your favourites as poi location in the category. You can name it as an address.

The advantage of this method is you can have 100's of points in the category (vs. just 48 in Favourites); further, when a new map update comes out, just copy your custom .ov2 file to the new map folder, without worrying about trying to restore an old mapsettings.cfg file properly.

dhn, I am in the middle of creating a poi instead of using the favorites and I did a geocode of the addresses and they are way off when I check them in google earth. I am trying to fix them as I can but is there a way to check the coordinates that the gps has listed? I find that the gps unit while sometimes off is a lot closer than the geocode.

dhn, I am in the middle of creating a poi instead of using the favorites and I did a geocode of the addresses and they are way off when I check them in google earth. I am trying to fix them as I can but is there a way to check the coordinates that the gps has listed? I find that the gps unit while sometimes off is a lot closer than the geocode.
Open your mapsettings.cfg file with POIEDIT (PoiEdit - Main) and it will show you the lat/long that the GPS is using for the location of your favorites.

to tell you the truth I do both. For the few places that I use all the time i put in my favorites and I also put in POI catagory _my_Favorites. It is a little faster when in fovorites but I do both to make it easy to copy to any update maps

Ask a Question