2 GB Card help

Ok I just got a brand new 2 GB card, because I wanted to try and load the NA 1.4GB map on. I Have TTHome open and I inserted the New card it came up showing there are updates to install the TT application 510/710/910 which I did on the new card. Now it shows my device in TTHome as a Go 710 which in reality it's a Go 510 which it showed correctly with the old SD card that came with it. Any suggestions or should I not worry about it?

IIRC, it should not be a problem as the 710 unit is the european version of the 510.

What I would do is copy the entire contents of the original SD card to the new 2GB SD card and see if the card works on your 510. Then just delete or just install the NA maps on the 2GB card.

Well I went ahead and installed the NA maps & voices from the DVD to the new card from scratch everything seems to work, was just curious or wondering if I should worry that it's reconizing it as a 710 now and not 510.

The mapping is the only difference. In Europe we have 3 versions. The 510 has only regional maps (BeNeLux, Iberia, UK, etc), the 710 has European maps. The 910 has Europe and N America.

The mapping is the only difference. In Europe we have 3 versions. The 510 has only regional maps (BeNeLux, Iberia, UK, etc), the 710 has European maps. The 910 has Europe and N America.

Well... kind of! 910 also has a 20GB HD. My TT is from the beginning a 510. I bought a 4 GB SD and got the western and central european maps. It became a 710. I also got the USA/Canada map. It's still a 710.

Ask a Question