1505TM Unit will not show in Windows Explorer

TomTom Model(s)
Via 1505TM
I am a new TomTom owner and new to this group. I have just purchased a new Via 1505TM. I am very pleased with the unit and have started to customize it. My issue is that I can not see my unit in my Windows Explorer when I connect with the USB cord. I am using myTomTom and that connects fine. New navigator was updated with no problems and I have used ?Add Community Content? with myTomTom to install POIs and Icons (Thank you very much for those). myTomTom shows that I am connected and the 1505 show the status of checking for updates and has the computer icon on its touch screen. However, when I try to add voices or new truck icons, these all say to be copied over with Windows Explorer and I do not have a drive letter for the 1505 nor does it appear under the Systems Networks.

I have been through this site and tried most things, however, no issue seems the same as mine.
I have used different USB ports.
I have held down the power button to reset the unit.
I have tried connecting with the unit on and off.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TomTom ? Via 1505TM (up to date)
OS ? Windows Vista SP2 (up to date)

Your model will NOT show as an external drive in Explorer. Users have no access to the file system on the model (or on 1X, 2X, other Via models, Start 2X models).

When you connect to the computer, your MyTomTom desktop icon should show an additional menu option 'Add community content'.

It is that choice you select to add custom pois.

Thank you very much for such a quick reply. At least it means I am not so inapt!

So if that?s the case is there a way for me to add additional ?Car Icons? and Voices to my unit? If I go to the Add Community content it appears to only be for POIs and will not allow me to select voice files, only .bmp and .ov2s are allowed.

Yeah, the additional options have not been made available for North American Via (or 2X) users as of yet. Who knows why???

You could call CS at 866-486-6866 and hear what they have to say. Mind you, you probably will not even hear a voicemail option for the Via models so select one of the other ones.....

Text to speech incorrect

Your model will NOT show as an external drive in Explorer. Users have no access to the file system on the model (or on 1X, 2X, other Via models, Start 2X models).

When you connect to the computer, your MyTomTom desktop icon should show an additional menu option 'Add community content'.

It is that choice you select to add custom pois.

If I cannot see TomTom in the windows explorer,then how can I fix the text to speech. My tomtom misenunciate "BR" suppose to be "bridge" but read "branch".
Any other way to correct this issue?
Thanks

Fixing TTS is not possible on these units the way it was on the previous platform. Lack of access to key files is one of the reasons that many prefer the old units when we can find them. Full system backup is another.

and make sure you report it to TomTom as well.
They seem to be rather short on technical staff and will therefore prioritise issues. So it's only by LOTS of people complaining that a particular problem will get looked at.

Ask a Question