VIA 1505TM Driver problem

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1505TM, XL 335LM
I purchased a new VIA 1505TM and have tried over and over to get the darn thing to connect to my computer. I finally found that the driver is not installed. I have tried everything to get the driver to download and keep getting an error message that there are not enough resources to download the driver. The driver is available on my hard drive and also on the internet but I can't get the driver to load and therefore the gps is not recognized by the program. HELP!

No Luck!

I tried your suggestion with the un-install program and I still cannot get the driver to load. I get the little computer on the screen of the gps but when I go to the driver location it says that the driver did not load completely. I found a phone number on one of the posts for the support group of TomTom and wondered if they would help.

Thank you for your input.

Any clues as to what this driver is?

I have installed many TomToms on this old PC (at least a dozen) and have never noticed a need for any specific drivers to be installed.. Windows just used whatever was generic.

@Andy
In the process of installing the MyTomTom application, a special USB to TCP bridge 'driver' is installed that converts the USB connection of the device to a TCP data stream. It's why these newer TomToms show up as network devices instead of USB devices and can be talked to via a browser. Still, all of that should be managed during the MyTT installation process.

However ... to the OP ... there is no separate driver that can be installed. Unless your MyTT installation is breaking, you should have the driver loaded. There are NO 'drivers' out on the internet for this device, nor are they separately provided on your PC with the operating system. So I'm not sure what your PC is finding, but it's most unlikely that it's for your TomTom.

I lied. I thought one of the two driver components was being supplied by MyTT. Turns out that is not the case. There are two drivers associated with a Nav3 device:

usb8023x.sys is the Microsoft Remote NDIS USB Driver.
rndismpx.sys supports the above.

Remote NDIS is the Microsoft mechanism for supporting network connectivity over plug-and-play ports apart from using the normal NIC card interface.

Back to the OP. Is it one or the other of these that was giving you trouble?
If so, what OS are you running?

Hi canderson, I follow what you are saying but do not know which one is giving me trouble as there is neither listed. When I look at the properties of the gps the statement that always shows up is, "there are not enough resources to download the driver". I can not figure out what that means. The two drivers you mention would proably work but where do I find them? The older TomTom's had the drivers in them and installed them when you turned them on like a thumb drive, etc. but the newer models don't seem to have them on board as they will continue running normally untill you use the MyTomTom program. Thank you for input. I am still confused. :confused:

Again, I think they are part of a normal Windows installation (and did older TomToms really have special drivers included or did they just use generic Windows ones too? Mine always just appeared as new "disk drives", albeit with a TT icon)

But I do realise this is no practical help to you whatsoever... :sad:

@ddcarr
As requested previously,
If so, what OS are you running?
Even Win8/64 has these onboard by default.

Good Morning, I have a one year old Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have tried every suggestion and even downloaded a program called Driver Mender that updated several drivers but would not take care of the TomTom driver. I guess it is time to exchange the Toshiba for the Acer that had no problem loading the TomTom driver. Thanks for reading and replying to my inquiry and for all the suggestions. Later! :)

Ask a Question