Tom Tom Home

Is this just a Windows version update or did they bother to finally update the Mac version as well?

There is a Mac version available. Dock your unit to TTHome. In the top menu: Preferences-->Check for TomTom home updates and carry on from there.

Tomtom one 3rd edition Car Icons

So I installed 2.2 and I see where you can change the car icons but it's grayed out. When you click on it it say's cannot be installed on this device. What's the deal? Is there something wrong with my tt or is it just not capable. I know i can change it with TTExplorer I just want to be able to do it in TTHome. Also when I click on Start up Images it say's No Items Available. Is the user content stuff just down for the moment?

Last edited:
So I installed 2.2 and I see where you can change the car icons but it's grayed out. When you click on it it say's cannot be installed on this device. What's the deal? Is there something wrong with my tt or is it just not capable. I know i can change it with TTExplorer I just want to be able to do it in TTHome. Also when I click on Start up Images it say's No Items Available. Is the user content stuff just down for the moment?

I had the same problem. Also, when I was navigating through some of their online POI's, routes, etc, I found tons of stuff for Europe, but not much for the U.S. - And when I tried to filter out just the US, it still showed the Europe stuff. I think TomTom still has some work to do on this version of Home.

Thanks for the update.. just updated to Home 2.2

Questions:

1. Why are prices for updates in UK currency?
  2. Why when I click on more info on Traffic Plus, it doesn't indicate it's available for the USA?

Update
I am now having an issue with this new version for Home. In the upper right hand corner it tells you if you are up to date. Well I am getting a message that my map is 19 weeks old and I need to upgrade, but when I click on it, it tells me I am up to date. What's going on?? Anyone?

Below is a screenshot of this message.

Attachments

• tomtom_updates.jpg
    tomtom_updates.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Thanks for the update.. just updated to Home 2.2

Questions:

1. Why are prices for updates in UK currency?
  2. Why when I click on more info on Traffic Plus, it doesn't indicate it's available for the USA?

Update
I am now having an issue with this new version for Home. In the upper right hand corner it tells you if you are up to date. Well I am getting a message that my map is 19 weeks old and I need to upgrade, but when I click on it, it tells me I am up to date. What's going on?? Anyone?

Below is a screenshot of this message.

I've got the same message. You're the 4th person here who has reported this. See this thread:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7150&page=3

I think the prices are still in pounds becasue TomTom USA Maps are still down.

My conclusion is that 2.2 is crap and needs work. I'm going back to 2.1 when I get home (if I can find it).

Has anyone updated their back up with Home 2.2? I tried it, and it was super fast. I have a funny feeling it probably didn't do anything. I know I haven't updated my backup for at least 3 or 4 weeks, meanwhile I have made corrections and added new POIs.

Has anyone updated their back up with Home 2.2? I tried it, and it was super fast. I have a funny feeling it probably didn't do anything. I know I haven't updated my backup for at least 3 or 4 weeks, meanwhile I have made corrections and added new POIs.
I think the back up only backs up files that have changed. I know I performed a backup after adding a bunch of POI changes, and it was super fast backing up - yet it did back up.

I had nothing but problems updating Home.

Followed all the prompts, error after error overwriting files. Seems the install doesn't shut down Home properly. I tried to install the update from the TT web site, same errors.

Uninstalling didn't help because Home still seemed to have left files open.

Good thing I figured out what was happening, and re-booted in Safe Mode, uninstalled, then re-installed. Finally all okay.

However, if the "average" user didn't know to do this, its a real shortcoming on the role out of the update, imho.

Anyone else hearing about this problem?

I updated to 2.2 from 2.1 and now I am not able to log in. When I try it takes forever and then I get an error screen saying that I am not connected to the internet. I can connect in 2.1! Does anyone know what's up?? I was able, in 2.2, to download the files need to operate my TT 510 through Home. I am not, however, able to receive updates for my 510.

I updated to 2.2 from 2.1 and now I am not able to log in. When I try it takes forever and then I get an error screen saying that I am not connected to the internet. I can connect in 2.1! Does anyone know what's up?? I was able, in 2.2, to download the files need to operate my TT 510 through Home. I am not, however, able to receive updates for my 510.

Logout of the TTHome application and log back in. Try that.

If that doesn't help and you're connected via wireless, try connecting to Internet via modem (router) directly.

Not working for me

I'm really growing weary of not-ready-for-use SW updates from TomTom. Surely people actually test this stuff before releasing it, right?

I'm using 2.2.0.16 on the Mac, and I keep getting a "must not be empty" error message.

I thought I'd try it using 2.2.0.33 on Windows XP. Same error messages.

By the way TT, how 'bout providing some functionality for the "Operate my device" feature on Mac. I've had my 510 for a year and a half and have grown weary of the notion that there is no support "at this time" or that the feature is "not yet supported".

Just be happy that Tomtom is providing some updates. Those of us with Navigator 6(PDA versions) are still stuck on Home 1.5(PC), or 1.6(Mac). NavCore 7, which provides Map Share functionality also is not available for PDA platforms just yet, so many are feeling abandoned at this point.

Well, I will be the voice in the woods. I updated both my PC (ugh) and my Mac versions without a hitch. I added some pictures and sounds, backed up, updated and got new mapshare files, and not a single glitch. I must be living right. I am off to buy some lottery tickets, see ya later! :)

Ask a Question