Downloaded Map

Hi,

I'm new at using my tomtom. I am going to Australia so I've downloaded the Australia map from my TomTom Home. I put an SD card in my Tom Tom as it said that I didn't have enough memory to download the map.
All done and installed. Can see that the map is loaded on TOMTOM Home when I look. But when I disconnect TomTom from the computer and turn it on it tells me to remove the SD card. Is this because I'm not in Australia yet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paula

Hi,

I'm new at using my tomtom. I am going to Australia so I've downloaded the Australia map from my TomTom Home. I put an SD card in my Tom Tom as it said that I didn't have enough memory to download the map.
All done and installed. Can see that the map is loaded on TOMTOM Home when I look. But when I disconnect TomTom from the computer and turn it on it tells me to remove the SD card. Is this because I'm not in Australia yet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paula

It shouldn't tell you to remove the SD card even if you aren't in the location the maps are made for.

I'm curious if you also copied over the operating system (called the TomTom Application) to the SD card. The SD card must have the complete TomTom application installed as well in order for it to work.

Which model are you using, by the way...?

It shouldn't tell you to remove the SD card even if you aren't in the location the maps are made for.

I'm curious if you also copied over the operating system (called the TomTom Application) to the SD card. The SD card must have the complete TomTom application installed as well in order for it to work.

Which model are you using, by the way...?

Hi,

I have a TomTom One.
What I did was connect to my computer with tomtom home and then I went to add maps. I purchased the Australia map, it then told me that I didn't have enough memory and needed to add memory. I put in my memory card and then it let me download the file.
It then installed the file.

How do I tell what it actually has done?

Thanks, Paula

Hi,

I have a TomTom One.
What I did was connect to my computer with tomtom home and then I went to add maps. I purchased the Australia map, it then told me that I didn't have enough memory and needed to add memory. I put in my memory card and then it let me download the file.
It then installed the file.

How do I tell what it actually has done?

Thanks, Paula

You can browse your TomTom just like any other directory on your computer. You should have many more files and directories than just the /Australia map folder....specifically, you should at least see a file named ttsystem that is approx 5.5MB.

The best way to get the TomTom application on your SD Card is to go in to TomTom HOME, with the SD card in the slot, and click on the "UPDATE MY DEVICE" icon and it should search your SD card and see if it has the TomTom Application...if it doesn't, TT HOME will come up with the option to download the TomTom Application.

You can browse your TomTom just like any other directory on your computer. You should have many more files and directories than just the /Australia map folder....specifically, you should at least see a file named ttsystem that is approx 5.5MB.

The best way to get the TomTom application on your SD Card is to go in to TomTom HOME, with the SD card in the slot, and click on the "UPDATE MY DEVICE" icon and it should search your SD card and see if it has the TomTom Application...if it doesn't, TT HOME will come up with the option to download the TomTom Application.

Thanks...I will try your suggestions when I get home.

Thanks, Paula

Thanks, Paula

Hi,

I have looked on my E:/ drive and it just shows Australia map. When I connect to tomtom home and click update my device. It tells me that it is updated.

When I connect my Tomtom to Tomtom Home I am getting the error message: Required parameter device avcore version missing.

Any clues?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Paula

Last edited:
Hi,

I have looked on my E:/ drive and it just shows Australia map. When I connect to tomtom home and click update my device. It tells me that it is updated.

When I connect my Tomtom to Tomtom Home I am getting the error message: Required parameter device avcore version missing.

Any clues?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Paula

If you've made a previous backup of your TomTom, then this is pretty easy.

Go to the following folder:
C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\GO\Backup01\InternalMemory

You should see something like the following without the TomTom(S):
directory.gif

Simply copy over everything in the /InternalMemory folder (without copying over the "InternalMemory" folder name) to the root directory of your TomTom's SD card.......simply EXCLUDE copying the /USA_and_Canada and /Guam directories because these are your other maps.

Thanks, Paula

If you've made a previous backup of your TomTom, then this is pretty easy.

Go to the following folder:
C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\GO\Backup01\InternalMemory

You should see something like the following without the TomTom(S):
directory.gif

Simply copy over everything in the /InternalMemory folder (without copying over the "InternalMemory" folder name) to the root directory of your TomTom's SD card.......simply EXCLUDE copying the /USA_and_Canada and /Guam directories because these are your other maps.

Thanks for all your work but this doesn't seem to be working either.

I've got different files on my backup.

c:tomtom\home\backups\go\backups\go\backup01\storage
and then here is the rest of the files in that

gl
guam
home images
itn
licenses
raster
script
tomtom home install
tomtom-cfg
USA and Canada
voices
autorun
connect2internet
connect2internet.so
connect2internetdb.ver
currentmap
data.chk
installtomtomhome
libaec.so
settings
splash
suspend
splash
suspend
system
tomtom
ttdesk.ver
ttgo.bif
ttsystem
USA_and_Canada-08C39CDS.mds

I did try copying all of these to the SD card but it still not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Paula

I would delete the following from your SD card:
/guam
/USA and Canada

Then I would run the following program from TomTom:
index.php

I would delete the following from your SD card:
/guam
/USA and Canada

Then I would run the following program from TomTom:
index.php

Oh dear......now I can't get that program to work. I get this message when I click it
Unfortunately due to a problem, we cannot serve you the information you requested. Please try again in a few moments.
thanks, Paula

Oh dear......now I can't get that program to work. I get this message when I click it
Unfortunately due to a problem, we cannot serve you the information you requested. Please try again in a few moments.
thanks, Paula

Sounds like a server problem at TomTom, Paula. (not an unusual thing for them :( )

Try again in a while.

Were you able to download the file?

If so, I suggest hitting the hard RESET on the bottom of the TomTom. After your unit reboots, I would then try the program.

If you couldn't download the Clear Flash Tool, try downloading it here:
>>> CLEAR FLASH <<<

Still no luck. Can't get the online file to download and i've downloaded yhe other one but now tomtom home can't see my tomtom if I have the sd card in.

Any other suggestions?

Still no luck. Can't get the online file to download and i've downloaded yhe other one but now tomtom home can't see my tomtom if I have the sd card in.

Any other suggestions?

Press the reset button with the sd card in the unit.

Ask a Question