Traffic

TomTom Model(s)
Anyone know of a tomtom traffic free trial out there? I would like to see how it works before I buy it.

Anyone know of a tomtom traffic free trial out there? I would like to see how it works before I buy it.

Just call customer service and they will give you a free subscription. I just did that last weekend. I'm not sure how long it is for though. Does anyone know where I can see the length of the subscription?

I called this number

866-486-6866

I just told them that I heard there was a free trial for traffic and that the only option I see on Tom Tom home is for an annual subscription in pounds. Make sure you have your tomtom account set up first so they can just add traffic.

Just call customer service and they will give you a free subscription. I just did that last weekend. I'm not sure how long it is for though. Does anyone know where I can see the length of the subscription?

if you log into your tomtom online account, then click plus services on the right side it will show you your subscription.

From what tomtom told me yes, and luckily I have a Blackberry 8830 which works flawlessly. Also you can buy the traffic receiver but it is like 130 bucks.

To one and all -- if you go through TTHome and it advises that your TT data (non-RDS) traffic subscription has expired (or that you need one, I can't recall which), you'll need to call customer service to have them "reset" this. They arbitrarily reset mine to 03/08 for traffic. Hope it doesn't expire then and I have to call again!

Didn't realize "gas" was free, and they didn't volunteer that when I talked to them.

To one and all -- if you go through TTHome and it advises that your TT data (non-RDS) traffic subscription has expired (or that you need one, I can't recall which), you'll need to call customer service to have them "reset" this. They arbitrarily reset mine to 03/08 for traffic. Hope it doesn't expire then and I have to call again!

Didn't realize "gas" was free, and they didn't volunteer that when I talked to them.

I haven't tried it yet but she told me today it is like traffic it should be enabled through tomtom home with out a charge.

From what tomtom told me yes, and luckily I have a Blackberry 8830 which works flawlessly. Also you can buy the traffic receiver but it is like 130 bucks.

Which cell service do you use? I'm with Verizon and canNOT get the 8830 to do data services.

If Verizon - what service plan(s) do you have?

I do see a message at the top of the Blackberry "Modem mode enabled" but then the Data connection fails.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Fuel is NOT free!

I just got off the phone with TT CS and I told them I heard that TT PLUS services are free (weather, traffic and fuel). The guy said that's correct, put me on the hold and after 2-3 minutes, I had TRAFFIC and WEATHER enabled.

If you tap your SIGNAL on your TT, then version, followed by "Accounts," it should tell you which service you have enabled and when do they expire.

Mine says this:
  • TomTom Traffic - Expires 4/13/2008
  • TomTom Weather - Free
  • Download QuickGPSfix - Free
  • TomTom Buddie - Free

When I got off the phone, I tried Traffic (after you login to TT PLUS through your GPS unit) and it worked fine. I tried FUEL and it says that "I am not signed up for this service". I got back on the phone, called TT CS and told them that I heard PLUS service is free including FUEL. The lady said to go to TomTom.com, Support and search for "fuel prices"... which I did and it says how to ENABLE the service, but also that you have to pay for it. She then said, that this service is NOT free. Maybe she was just clueless? I might call back later and see if I get someone else to confirm this...

As far as TRAFFIC goes: "canderson" is correct. I asked her about the time stamp and said I though TRAFFIC option is a free service. She said that, yes, it is for a year; however, they set it for three months and if you like the service, you have to call for them to reset it (I guess every three months?) for that initial year.

Hope this helps... if anyone has called regarding FUEL please share!

Ask a Question