OEM Mount for TomTom One V2

Hi,

I am looking for an additional OEM suction mount (small) for the TomTom One V2, does anyone know a source? In the USA?

I like the small form factor of the TomTom One and its new suction mount. I want another mount for my other car. When I look on-line, I can only find the new small mounts on the TomTom site. The price is expensive, it requires shipping from Europe and includes a car charger I don't want. (I can get a better looking car charger with COILED cord (mini USB connector) for $5.99 shipped from EBAY).

Any suggestions for my quest to find a reasonable priced USA based vendor of the OEM mount for a TomTom One V2?

Thanks,

Hi,

I am looking for an additional OEM suction mount (small) for the TomTom One V2, does anyone know a source? In the USA?

I like the small form factor of the TomTom One and its new suction mount. I want another mount for my other car. When I look on-line, I can only find the new small mounts on the TomTom site. The price is expensive, it requires shipping from Europe and includes a car charger I don't want. (I can get a better looking car charger with COILED cord (mini USB connector) for $5.99 shipped from EBAY).

Any suggestions for my quest to find a reasonable priced USA based vendor of the OEM mount for a TomTom One V2?

Thanks,
All I can think of is ProClip... but I don't think they're any cheaper cause you have to by a generic mount (to clip onto the air vent) and then buy a specific mount add-on (in this case, a TomTom ONE mount) that clips onto the air vent mount.

Not available

I called TomTom support and asked to purchase an OEM TomTom One v2 mount.

The tech support person was helpful and sent me to a vendor site - that only carried the "alternative" suction mount for the TomTom One, not the new small suction cup mount.

He claimed he could not sell me the new small mount directly from TomTom (USA).

Looks like the new small suction mount is not available.

I know this has been asked before and I'm sorry for asking yet again. I've been search the forum for th last half hour or so 'cuz I know I saw it posted here somewhere...

Besides ProClip, there was another place to go looking for an aftermarket mount... what was it? Can someone send me the URL?

thanks in advance and sorry for the broken record...

Disregard the ebay post...it's a knock-off of the exact model direct from TomTom...TomTom is cheaper by a few bucks believe it or not....

Anyone else have problems finding their way around tomtom.com? Seems to me if you aren't logged into your account and go to the same links you would if you were logged in, they take you to different places... i dunno.

Current Answer from TomTom

Two weeks ago I logged on to TomTom.com and posted this question:

How do I get a replacement OEM windscreen mount - the new small stick suction mount for the TomTom One new version.

In the USA?

Thanks,

-----

Here is the January 10, 2007 reply direct from TomTom,

May we apologize for the delay in responding to your query.

Unfortunately, we do not yet have our additional mounts for the TomTom ONE available for sale. Though we anticipate that these will be available for sale later this year, we do not yet have a definitive release date. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

pft....

so of you break for ONLY mount that came in the box, you are SOL until "later this year and we don't have a definitive release date"?????

Will TomTom pay my insurance premium if I hit something while trying to hold my ONE while I wait for a replacement part?

Geesh...

Ask a Question