TOMTOM ONE - OEM card dead...

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Well, somehow I did it. The OEM card has major problems. It has no maps that will show on the TT One and is not recognized by TT home. Place it in the card reader and it shows no maps listed on the card but also shows very little memory available. What now ....

So when you say no maps listed on the card, you don't see them through the HOME app or when you browse to the SD card you don't see a folder USA_and_Canada or Guam folders?

digital-flex

Home app show the ONE has many voices and application, nothing else. Browsing the SD card shows folders for USA_and_Canada with zero data.
Putting the card into the ONE gives me Guam only.

Oh, also show no room to install anything. When you try Home says there is not enough space.

I hope you made a backup. Sounds like the maps got deleted somehow. Restore from your backup.

Ugh, this is precisely why I hate HOME. I also use a Mac and it crashes one out of every two times I open it, if not EVERY time. Keep trying!

When I try to reinstall teh maps I'm getting...
"Could not open destination file /Volume/TomTom Disk/USA_and_Canada for writing"

Inserted the card into the reader and it shows up (as a drive) and HOME opens and recognizes it as TT ONE. (Re)install maps, removed from reader and inserted in ONE, Unit reads it and it now up and running.

I cannot write to SD when in ONE, only in reader. One does not recognize 2gig card. Hmmm, do I have a faulty unit?

Funny thing though... TomTom is Linux based... Mac is more like Linus then Windows will ever be... go figure.

...cancel or allow?

digital-flex

Spoke to soon! Something is not right, but no sure what? Either with the ONE, Home, or OEM SD Card is flaky. The only way to get the maps on was to use a SD reader, HOME thought it was the ONE and let me install the map. BUT... as soon as I tried to backup it would crash and then the ONE wouldn't read the data or the maps would be gone (just a empty folder). So after doing this twice, the third time I bit the bullet and reformatted the OEM card and reinstalled everything. Seemed fine until I again tried to backup and it failed with a message about maps_licenses? So I disconnected HOME and the ONE reloaded and ....won't recognize the card again.

So one more time I am reloading the data. I'm seriously thinking about exchanging this unit.

So when you were able to get the maps through the SD reader it was fine right? I think after that point, you should plug in your SD card into the TT device and see if everything is ok. If it is, at that point plug in the device to the computer and see if HOME recognizes the device and sees the maps are installed. Once you verified everything is OK, then do the backup.

It sounds like you were trying to perform the backup through the SD reader and the HOME application didn't like that and crashed.

Ask a Question