Great Deal on $2GB SD Card!

when was the last time you verified the links in your signature? Are they all still accurate? ...just curious.

OK, here's what worked for me when I upgraded my SD Card. I copied the contents of my original TT card to a folder on my computer. Put new card in unit and copied the files onto new card. TT works great. Card is recognized as a 2Gb card in Home and I was able to update firmware and Home after this method. However, I'm having an issue with Home freezing...I'm pretty sure this is not due to the card upgrade and is related to the update I did to Home. This could also be related to the issues yesterday with connection errors from TomTom. I'll play around with it again today and see what I can find out.

Upgrade ONE SD card and..

I have a fast SD Card, but that does not change the speed of my ONE. So far i have tested the screendump function (that allows you to take 'pictures' of your current screen from anywhere) and THAT alone is literally 200% faster. it used to freeze my screen for 20-25 seconds, then i would here the camera click and then my screen would jump up the road the 20-25 seconds it had missed. Nothing bad happened though and the images came out great.

Well now the camera click is instant and there is NO screen freeze.
(see my signature for Make and model of memory)

HOWEVER...
I have noticed it take about 8-10 seconds longer than it used to to boot up from being powered down. no big deal, but I noticed it. Maybe the device is indexing my card and the larger card take a bit longer.

No issues removing from HOME though.

Anyone else notice any peculiarities after they upgrade their ONE's SD card?

The screendump is a "write" function and would definitely be faster with the faster card. I have a standard 2g card and I also noticed the first few times it seemed to take MUCH longer to boot up. It gets better (or maybe I just got used to it?)

I'm likin it so far!!!
And my read now is way faster than it was. The true test will be when I reinstall my MobilNova software...

ProShot 130x SecureDigital Product Details
Features/Benefits:
SIZE: 1.26" (L) x 0.94" (W) x .08" (H)
WEIGHT: 2g
SPEED: 130X - operates* 130 times faster than the standard SD Memory Card!
*depends upon maximum speed of camera or other device
POWER: 2.0V to 3.6V
COMPATABILITY: All cameras and devices that read SD Memory Card
SUPPORT Lifetime warranty & toll-free technical support
CAPACITIES: 512MB, 1GB, 2GB

Technical Specifications:
Data Transfer Rate (Maximum): Read: 19.5MB/sec Write: 15MB/sec
Power Consumption: Read: <47.3mA, Write: <56.7mA

Sandisk 2 GB Card

I just bought a Sandisk 2 GB SD card from Amazon for $34.99. With free shippiing that seems to be a pretty good deal.

2GB SD card cost (ROI)?

Hey, all,

I'm trying to trick out my wife's TT1 and I've see y'all talk about getting a 2GB SD card.

Looking at Amazon, they're about $60US. Is it worth it to pay that much for extra room? And... are there better deals to justify the added expense to my wife?

Thanks for the help!

You can regularly find 2g SD cards in the $25 range. I think it's worth it because it allowed me to install the North America maps instead of the USA/Canada maps. The NA maps include alot more POI data.

Here

is a 2gb 150x speed card for a great price, $21.99, from a known online retailer.

For those looking to upgrade to larger capacity card for the ONE or 510, check out this deal - 2GB - $16.99

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4124385&JRSource=chemail.weekendSale.021607

I ordered 2! I can vouch for J&R as being reputable and order from them all the time. For me it's fast shipping too as I live in MA and J&R is in NY. Good company to deal with. (and no, I have no affiliation with them. Just a good place to do business with)

For those looking to upgrade to larger capacity card for the ONE or 510, check out this deal - 2GB - $16.99

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4124385&JRSource=chemail.weekendSale.021607

I ordered 2! I can vouch for J&R as being reputable and order from them all the time. For me it's fast shipping too as I live in MA and J&R is in NY. Good company to deal with. (and no, I have no affiliation with them. Just a good place to do business with)

Yeah, but that card is ungodly slow... 1.5MB Write/5MB read? I think my floppy drive is faster than that ;)

Quick question.

I'm a newbie here and just getting my feet wet about the TomTom GPS. Battom, earlier in this post you mentioned getting a 4GB SD memory card and trying it with your TomTom One. Any luck with that?

Ask a Question