Great Deal on $2GB SD Card!

Thinking of updating your SD card size?

battom asked TomTom support on Jan 4, 2007
Can the TomTom ONE utilize all the space on a 4GB SD Card? Or is there a max size it's compatible with?

TomTom Support write back on Jan 10, 2007
May we apologize for the delay in responding to your query.

Unfortunately, the TomTom ONE will only support a 1GB card. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I hope those map updates NEVER go over the available size of my stock TomTom SD Card!!!!!

Someone with a ONE, please tell me you have a 2GB or even a 4GB card installed right now and it's working great!!!

Good timing on this, as I was just about to try out a 2gig card in my ONE. I'm going to try to install the entire "North America" map instead of the "USA/Canada" map. The NA map is 1.4g in size, and the USA/Canada map is less than a gig.

Has anyone else tried this?

Good timing on this, as I was just about to try out a 2gig card in my ONE. I'm going to try to install the entire "North America" map instead of the "USA/Canada" map. The NA map is 1.4g in size, and the USA/Canada map is less than a gig.

Has anyone else tried this?
I've already replied in the other thread but this just occurred to me.

If we install "North America", do you think we'll have to use the Go's software rather than the ONE's software? I mean they're on v6.52 and I believe we're on 6.5?

Also, will it mess up things such as favourites and custom POIs since the file name isn't "USA_and_Canada" but rather "North America"

my ONE is 6.520
Bought instore 12/28/06

I have not done a firware upgrade....it came that way.

device.jpg

Don't know what info I SHOULDN'T be sharing except for the Device #

Last edited:
Yep. Mine says 6.520 for App.

The only thing different is the OS and Boot...

And your free RAM lol. 29MB RAM (free: 3.8MB). Did you have your "empty" SD card loaded or something?

Hey!!! THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!!!

I plugged it in to TomTom HOME to take a screen shot....
I'm just now looking at the numbers.

Off HOME it's:
App 6.520 (7690/061002) OS:1387
29 MB RAM 3.9Free
Gps is right ... boot 4.86
and my maps is right...

What gives?!?!?!?!

edit
-------------------
any off that stuff I SHOULDN'T post??

Hey!!! THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!!!

I plugged it in to TomTom HOME to take a screen shot....
I'm just now looking at the numbers.

Off HOME it's:
App 6.520 (7690/061002) OS:1387
29 MB RAM 3.9Free
Gps is right ... boot 4.86
and my maps is right...

What gives?!?!?!?!

edit
-------------------
any off that stuff I SHOULDN'T post??
no idea.

no idea. haha. I have no idea what people can do with the other information. I'll let pedro or some other senior member post.

I'm wondering also how important the speed of the SD card is. I plan on buying a 2g card tomorrow to try to put the North America maps on. I would venture a guess that the SD card that's included from TomTom isn't the fastest on the market. Obviously, faster is better, but I don't want to spend any extra money on the fastest card if a 50x will be just fine. Any thoughts on this?

2gb card working in my one

I'm using a SanDisk 2GB card, I beleive its part number is SDSDB-2048-A10.
Works just fine, but note that I haven't put anything extra on the card to push
its contents over 1GB.

hey fchriss, i have the exact same sandisk card. i have pushed it over 1g by putting the NA maps on my ONE. So I have about 1.5g of info on it, and it's working just fine. :)

2GB SD card works in a TT1!

I don't know about a 4GB card, but a 2GB card works. I am using it now with the North America map. Why would anyone need a 4GB card anyway? I still have over 0.5 GB space on my 2GB card, that is plenty for any customization stuffs. I don't understand how a TomTom tech staff would give an answer in the first post.

New SD card for mt TTOne

Hi,
I'm thinking to upgrade my present 1Gb SD card with a bigger one ( 2 or 4 Gb), so that the new North America map can fit in it.
Can anybody suggest an SD that is working fast and fine and that it's affordable?
Thanks,
Fabrizio

Ask a Question