great hops

Sounds like a spammer to me....

And a somewhat unpleasant user name too.:(

Sounds like a spammer to me....

And a somewhat unpleasant user name too.:(
One only a proper Brit would understand, too. That said, the IP address checks out, so we'll leave it for the moment. The name isn't any worse than what Lister used to call Rimmer.

you mean smeg head
i never understood that...
mr rimmer on the other hand how rude is that:eek:

i am not even going to ask what the P stands for andy just leave it to my imagination ;)

Last edited:
Any chance for a post relevant to TomTom GPS equipment?

yes sorry i am a newbe to tomtom been using a palm treo with igo up to now but just got a xxl io routes western and central europe factory refurb for a bargain ?91 quid and my quest for knowledge about it lead my here amongst fellow red dwarf fans:D

..but just got a xxl io routes western and central europe factory refurb for a bargain ?91 quid..
That's equivalent to our XXL540 over on this side of the pond. Do you know how to bring up the information that shows you which version of the firmware your unit has loaded? Would be curious to know how the refurb units are being loaded. The most recent code would be 9.053, I believe.

The other thing would be to try to get the Latest Map Guarantee to work. It's good for 30 days after you first start using the unit, if it's available. On this side, many users are able to get the map updated on a refurb unit. The 865 version map was just released. As always, we recommend backing up your unit first: https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Tap the satellite bars on the unit. The next screen shows the firmware installed. If you then tap the version nuymber, the following screen shows the map installed and its version.

cool
its version 9.053
map western and central europe 2gb v840.2562
that was easy;)
Your firmware is up to date, but your maps are a bit old -- 1-1/4 years, to be exact. While there seems to be some debate about the Latest Map Guarantee and refurbs, assuming your refurb job was actually done at TomTom, it' s worth hooking it up before you've used it for 30 days - that's the time frame allowed - using the Home software, and see if you can grab the latest (v865) map.

its a tom tom refurb straight from Apeldoorn, Netherlands i have backed it up but cant find anything about the 30 day map on the software? i am in the wrong place

In the TomTom Home program, go to the "Tools" menu and there you'll find an item called "Use Latest Map Guarantee".

thanks andy
it says" your latest map guarantee option has expired "
shame that nevermind the world cant of changed that much though can it?

thanks andy
it says" your latest map guarantee option has expired "
shame that nevermind the world cant of changed that much though can it?
On the whole, probably not, but the relevance of changes is entirely a function of where you live and drive. Here in the U.S., and in spite of the economy being what it is, we still see a great deal of road building due to new development, and a lot of tweaking going on to existing roads .. so not having this updated information in our maps can prove quite frustrating. 4 or 5 map updates here can make a great deal of difference.

Sounds like it's been more than 30 days since you first fired your unit up, hence the expiry. We were hoping that when you said "just got" that it might have been more recently.

no i only ordered it last sunday it arrived last tast thursday only had it 5 days should it have a 30 day map guarantee?
Ah, that's the kicker (recall prior post on LMG vs. refurb units?). I don't know what the policy is over on your side at the moment. That it came direct from TT is a good thing.

I'd call tech support at 0845 161 0009 to see if they won't push a map to you (assuming you actually got around to registering your unit via Home). Least they can do given the age of the map that came with it. I'm continually surprised that they don't update maps as part of the refurb process before shipping these units.

Ask a Question