Great Deal on $2GB SD Card!

I'm a newbie here and just getting my feet wet about the TomTom GPS. Battom, earlier in this post you mentioned getting a 4GB SD memory card and trying it with your TomTom One. Any luck with that?
Sorry! I do have th 4GB card... just haven't had time to install it yet. I'll post soon!!!

I've been looking for a cheap 2GB SD card so I can load the NA maps.

I came up with this:

Kingmax Secure Digital High Speed Card 150x 2GB w/lock
Operation Voltage : 2.7 ~ 3.6 V.
Support: SD & SPI Mode.
Capacity : From 16 MB to 2GB.
Higher Transfer Rate: Max : 10MB / sec.
No. of Pins : 9pins.
Size : 32*24*1.4 mm
Other: Low Battery Consumption to Maximize Battery Life in Small Protable Devices.
Security Level Complies with Both Current and Future Security Digital Music
Non-Volatile Solid-State, Data is not Lost When Power is Turned Off.
Initiative(SDMI) Portable Device Reqirements.

Everyday Low Price: $26.99

I understand

Sorry! I do have th 4GB card... just haven't had time to install it yet. I'll post soon!!!

No problem. I just appreciate you giving it a shot. Thanks.

When using the TomTom One, would a 2GB memory card be more than enough? I figured that it is, based on all of these posts. What do you guys think?

No problem. I just appreciate you giving it a shot. Thanks.

When using the TomTom One, would a 2GB memory card be more than enough? I figured that it is, based on all of these posts. What do you guys think?

I would have to say that 2GB is a lot of space. The NA maps (which is the largest in size on the DVD 2006 update) are about 1.4GB, so you have about 600MB free which is plenty to load POI's and voices.

If you use third party applications, you can load pictures and maybe even video clips. You also have to consider that 2GB are inexpensive so you porbably won't regret buying one because they're so cheap.

I have over 400MB free on my 2g card with North America maps installed, plus a gaggle of custom POI files.

yep the 2GB card is plenty. I got the 4GB card so I can have Maps loaded and a DVD or 2 shrunk down from MobilNova... without having to swap cards.

Ask a Question