Bluetooth: What Carrier's phones work and don't work: All models

Tested:
TT920, AT&T, Nokia N75: All working except for SMS. Had to cusomize the login to proxy, no user name, no password, and *99# for the number. I am able to recieve weather updates and download maps, voices, etc...

TT920T, AT&T, Samsung A727: Same as above.

Subaru,
I have Nokia 6682 and TT 720. TT Customer Service refuses to give me the settings to my phone since it's not on the list (even though it's the same phone as 6681 which is on their list). I have AT&T now (been with Cingular) and TT is able to find my phone (able to send/receive calls, but I cannot hear or speak through TT), sync with it and transfer the phone book from my phone to TT.

When I try to do TT PLUS service, it finds my phone, goes to about 50%-60% but then it says that process cannot be completed (even though when I sync it through BT, it does say that I am able to use that feature). I tested some other phones that are on TT compatibility list (through AT&T), but when synced through BT, TT gives me a noticed that I am only able to use phone features.

Would you be able to share your settings? I tested N75 in AT&T store and BT worked fine...

GO 720 / Nokia 6133 (assumedly 6126 also)

• GO 720
  • T-Mobile
  • No data plan
  • Nokia 6133 (which I think is the same as a Nokia 6126 except branded for T-mobile instead of ATT)

Which features work
  • Handsfree - works fine
  • Phonebook transfer - entire phonebook downloaded just fine
  • SMS messaging - haven't tried this
  • Data transfer - haven't tried this

GO 720 and AT&T RAZR v3

Just got the GO 720 and can not get the GO 720 to see my Razr. My phone sees GO 720 but can not get them to join together. I am on the National plan.

Just got the GO 720 and can not get the GO 720 to see my Razr. My phone sees GO 720 but can not get them to join together. I am on the National plan.
Tell your Razr to search for devices, it should see the TomTom, tell it to pair, and then tell it to always autopair. Try that and see if it works.

Subaru,
I have Nokia 6682 and TT 720. TT Customer Service refuses to give me the settings to my phone since it's not on the list (even though it's the same phone as 6681 which is on their list). I have AT&T now (been with Cingular) and TT is able to find my phone (able to send/receive calls, but I cannot hear or speak through TT), sync with it and transfer the phone book from my phone to TT.

When I try to do TT PLUS service, it finds my phone, goes to about 50%-60% but then it says that process cannot be completed (even though when I sync it through BT, it does say that I am able to use that feature). I tested some other phones that are on TT compatibility list (through AT&T), but when synced through BT, TT gives me a noticed that I am only able to use phone features.

Would you be able to share your settings? I tested N75 in AT&T store and BT worked fine...

Here is my settings:
- Nokia N75
- United States (duh)
- AT&T Wireless
- Manual setup
- no access point
- no user name
- no password
- Automatic IP
- Automatic DNS
- Login Scrip: at+cgdcont=1,"IP",'"

Works like a champ. I used the same settings for my Dad's Samsung A727 and used the A720 in the setup.

AGH! TT 720 Plus Services + Sprint Treo 755

Hi I have the exact plan and phone as you but a TT 720.

I have tried all of this. Dowloaded USBModem, enabled Modem Mode on the Treo and went to work on the below. And then I get "unable to set up your wireless..." - everytime.

• Am I doing anything wrong?
  • Is there a way to know that USBModem is working as DUN, a symbol or something on the treo?
  • Is there something else I need to do to the TT or should attempting to launch plus services be all I need to recog the DUN situation (yes I have been to all the password and proxy screens etc)

Anyone have any ideas who has had luck intializing traffic on the TT 720 with the Treo??

Its been 3 days straight of tryin....

Thanks

* TomTom tested- 920T
* Wireless carrier - Sprint
* Data Plan - Power Vision 15.00/month unlimited
* Palm Treo 755p Sprint

Which features work

* Handsfree - Works
* Phonebook transfer - Works somewhat (only a few came over)
* SMS messaging (Cannot get this to work, always grey'd out)
* Data transfer -Works

I did some searching around on the Internet and came up with the following to get my TomTom GO 920T working with my Treo 755p. Now I can get traffic and weather through my Sprint Palm Treo 755p.

I used these instructions to get the 'Tethered mode hack' onto my 755p.
http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: I THINK this setup will use your data connection in a Phone As Modem (PAM) configuration, and YOU MAY BE BILLED EXTRA by Sprint. The reason I think this is because of the need to enter #777 as the number to dial for the data connection. This is the same number you use when making a PAM connection from a laptop, for example.

You've been warned!

Here are the manual settings I used on the TT:

Phone Model: Treo 650
Mobile Carrier: Other
APN: proxy
Phone # to dial: #777
username: <leave blank>
password: <leave blank>
IP Address: Automatically assigned (DHCP)
DNS: Automatically assigned
Login Script: <leave blank>

Those might not be in the same order that it asks you, but I think it's all the items it asks for.

Once I entered all that info the 920 then recognized the features of the 755p that it could use, including 'hands-free', 'wireless data' and 'phonebook'. 'Phonebook', it turns out, is not all of your contacts, but seems like it does include the recent call history and anything you've got set up in your favorites buttons.

Here is my settings:
- Nokia N75
- United States (duh)
- AT&T Wireless
- Manual setup
- no access point
- no user name
- no password
- Automatic IP
- Automatic DNS
- Login Scrip: at+cgdcont=1,"IP",'"

Works like a champ. I used the same settings for my Dad's Samsung A727 and used the A720 in the setup.

I read online some where that if you previously had Cingular (and now AT&T), you can't use current AT&T settings.. however, I just tested it AND IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!! Thx a bunch! The problem I was having is that for access I left "proxy" instead of a blank field!

So....

* GO 720
* AT&T (former Cingular)
* No data plan
* Nokia 6682

Which features work:

* Handsfree - WORKS GREAT! (I had problems before...)
* Phonebook transfer - works fine
* SMS messaging - I can send fine, but cannot read (grayed-out)?
* Data transfer - works fine (FYI - Traffic is a FREE subscription in US!!)

blackberry 7290 & 8700

Please be as complete as you can when posting what works and does not work. Please include the following:

* TomTom 720
* ATT
* Data plan
* Blackberry 7290 & 8700

Which features work

* Handsfree Yes
* Phonebook transfer No
* SMS messaging No
* Data transfer No

Blackberry says DUN functionality is not available on these phones and never will.

Brandon

I read online some where that if you previously had Cingular (and now AT&T), you can't use current AT&T settings.. however, I just tested it AND IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!! Thx a bunch! The problem I was having is that for access I left "proxy" instead of a blank field!

So....

* GO 720
* AT&T (former Cingular)
* No data plan
* Nokia 6682

Which features work:

* Handsfree - WORKS GREAT! (I had problems before...)
* Phonebook transfer - works fine
* SMS messaging - I can send fine, but cannot read (grayed-out)?
* Data transfer - works fine (FYI - Traffic is a FREE subscription in US!!)

No Traffic is not a free subscription. When I called (I had to manually activate mine) to activate my traffic trial I was told that the 920 comes with a free 3 month subscritpion. The 920T comes with a 1 year subscription. And if you get the Traffic reciever you get a 1 year subscription.

TomTom tested GO 720
Wireless carrier SPRINT
What data plan is being used if any VISION
Phone manufacture and model number PLAM TREO 755P
Which features work
Handsfree YES
Phonebook transfer HAVENOT TRIED
SMS messaging HAVENOT TRIED
Data transfer NO. PLUS SERVICES NO!!!

AGH! TT 720 Plus Services + Sprint Treo 755

I have tried all of this. Dowloaded USBModem, enabled Modem Mode on the Treo and went to work on the below. And then I get "unable to set up your wireless..." - everytime.

Am I doing anything wrong?
Is there a way to know that USBModem (or PDANet) is working as DUN, a symbol or something on the treo?
How does DUN work on the treo and the TT when in the car when there is no USB cable?
Is there something else I need to do to the TT to recognize than the DUN is on? Should attempting to launch plus services be all I need to recog. the DUN situation (yes I have been to all the password and proxy screens etc)

Anyone have any ideas who has had luck intializing traffic on the TT 720 with the Treo??

Its been 3 days straight of tryin....

Thanks

Interested in carriers outside US ?

* TomTom tested: Rider 2nd Edition (App 6.581)
* Wireless carrier: Vodafone Ireland
* What data plan is being used if any: Perfect Choice 50
* Phone manufacture and model number: Motorolla Razr V3xv

Which features work

* Handsfree: Yes
* Phonebook: Yes
* SMS messaging: Incoming ok, no outgoing
* Data transfer: Yes

TomTom Go 720

Works with Cingular/AT&T 8125.

I can get handsfree to work and phonebook transfer.

SMS messaging does not work, and I don't have a data package so I have not been able to test that.

can someone tell me if the bluetooth works between Verizon SLVR L7 and teh TT720. or the samsung sch-u 450.

I have the Go720 and a Blackberry 8320 (Curve w/WiFi). The phone works great with handsfree and my addy book was loaded to my TT, but the Wireless Options won't work. I know, at this point the BB Curve is not supported... Anyone have any clue if/when they will update the Firmware to include newer phones?

I have the Go720 and a Blackberry 8320 (Curve w/WiFi). The phone works great with handsfree and my addy book was loaded to my TT, but the Wireless Options won't work. I know, at this point the BB Curve is not supported... Anyone have any clue if/when they will update the Firmware to include newer phones?

What carrier are you using for your cell phone? I have T-Mobile, but I cannot get this combo to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

What carrier are you using for your cell phone? I have T-Mobile, but I cannot get this combo to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

I am T-Mobile as well. I had to fiddle with it, but it imported my addy book and works well. One thing to watch, when you first attempt a call on the TT, your BB will ask if it is allowed to do so. You have to have your BB in hand to answer the question quickly. At first, my BB was in the case and I did not see it. Hope this helps.
Password for the BB and the TT are "0000".

T-Mobile DASH (HTC) now works!!!!

I just "retried" my DASH a couple days ago and IT WORKS! Transfered all 75 contacts/phone numbers!

Now, if someone could provide me directions on how to get the wireless data connection to work.

Tom Tom Duo/Eclipse/AVN2210p (whatever you want to call it) App 6.554

Sanyo SCP-7050 on Sprint

Voice and phone book work great, haven't tried data. SMS messaging does not work, best I can tell

Sprint PCS/ HTC Touch
bluetooth hands free works
bluetooth phonebook works
bluetooth weather works
bluetooth traffic works

I had to search high and low for the fix to get all the data to work on Sprints CDMA service. If anyone needs help PM me!

Ask a Question