Bluetooth: What Carrier's phones work and don't work: All models

TomTom Model(s)
GO920T
I thought I'd start this thread to keep in one location what Bluetooth phones seem to work and not work along with any information we get from TomTom.

I'll edit this message with updated with information found in any messages that follow much the same as they do over on GPSPassions.

If this seems to work out maybe the admins might make this a sticky.

Please be as complete as you can when posting what works and does not work. Please include the following:
  • TomTom tested, i.e. GO 920
  • Wireless carrier
  • What data plan is being used if any.
  • Phone manufacture and model number.
Which features work
  • Handsfree
  • Phonebook transfer
  • SMS messaging
  • Data transfer (when testing try weather service as no subscription is required)
Please include anything you had to do, such as DUN settings, in-order to get it to work.

-----------
I'm trying to get a list of exactly which bluetooth profiles that TomTom uses. If I can get a list from them that will go along way toward figuring out what phones and other devices might work.

Example: If we know TomTom needs a given profile but we know the carrier blocks that profile we might be able to find out if we can unblock it using information from HowardForums.

I've talked to 2nd level tech support and they have forwarded my request and contact information to Product Development. We'll see what comes of it.
-----------

General Verizon setup information by DavidJVC.

-----------
Devices that members have tested:
GPS, Carrier, Manufacture & Model #, Reported by, Features that work & Link to post
---------------------------------------------------------------
  • GO 720, AT&T, Apple iPhone, radiationman, hands free and address book downloads. See post
  • GO ?, AT&T?, Nokia 6126, kenbard, hands free and address book, Questionable call quality. See post
  • GO ?, Sprint, Moto Q, posguy, Handsfree and adress book works, See post
  • GO ?, Verizon, Samsung SCH-u740, Boyd, Nothing worked, See post
  • GO 920, Verizon, Motorola V710, Timon, See post
  • GO 720, Verizon, Palm Treo700WX, DavidJVC, data and phone book work fine, See post
  • GO 920, Verizon, Palm Treo700WX, DavidJVC, See post
  • GO 920, ?, Samsung sch-u520, eddie3, See post
  • GO 720, Verizon, Blackberry Pearl, zeke73, See post
  • GO 920, T-Mobile, HTC Dash, dkoenig, See Post
  • GO 910, Verizon, Motorola E815, rtcamarata, See post.
  • GO 720, Verizon, Motorola v3m, ChillyCat, Was working, See post.
  • One LE, AT&T, Motorola V551, Krazy Jeff, See post.
  • GO 720, Sprint, Nokia, srallen, 6133, See post
  • GO 920, AT&T, Nokia N75, subarunut, See post
Note: In most cases if it works on a GO 720 it will work on a GO 920 and vice-versa.

Last edited:
Tested with 720:
iPhone, hands free and address book download works fine.

Treo 750 (AT&T and WinMobile 6)- This is where I've run in to problems. Good data connection when the connection is manually configured. However I can't seem to get handsfree working with the Treo 750. The trouble appears to develop while trying to pair the devices. I had a similar problem when I first tried to pair the same 750 with my TT510. The clearflash utility resolved it and I haven't had any issues. Is there a similar tool for the 720? My only other thought is that there is a limit to the number of TT's you can pair to the same device.

I have a Nokia 6126 that I was able to sync OK and xfer the phone list via the bluetooth.
My listner's don't care for the quality of the phone call though because of the background noise.
TT should go to Plantronics and find out how they are able to cancel noise because they have the best ear pieces I have ever used.

Moto Q via Sprint...Handsfree and adress book works.

Id love to figure a way for plus though, it seems there is a way with Verizon and the Q but not Sprint.

Verizon Samsung SCH-u740 doesn't work at all. The TomTom recognizes the phone's bluetooth and starts trying to probe its capabilities but always aborts 10% of the way through. I tried everything I could think of but finally gave up after many attempts...

TomTom 720
Verizon
Palm Treo700WX
data and phone book work fine

I was able to get a Samsung sch-u520 to pair with a TT920 running verison 7.02 with a display unit in Circuit city but can't get that same phone to pair with my TT910 (running 7.161). I get as far as 10% complete and then the TT shuts down saying it qutw recieving data from the phone.

Please be as complete as you can when posting what works and does not work. Please include the following:

• Wireless carrier
  • What data plan is being used if any.
  • Which features work
  • Handsfree
  • Phonebook transfer
  • SMS messaging
  • Data transfer (when testing try weather service as no subscription is required)

Please include anything you had to do in-order to get it to work such as DUN settings.

This will help a lot.

Last edited:

• Wireless carrier
  • Which features work
  • Handsfree
  • Phonebook transfer
  • SMS messaging

Please include anything you had to do in-order to get it to work such as DUN settings.

This will help a lot.

I'm sorry for not being complete, but I momentarily connected my friend's Apple iPhone to my 920 and answered a phone call. Of course the FM transmitter stopped and had to deal with the unit's speaker. Also, the 920 was unable to link to the weather service.

920T and TMobile

* TomTom tested- 920 T
* Wireless carrier - Tmobile
* Grandfathered 20.00/month data plan
* Tmobile Dash with Windows Mobile 6

Which features work

* Handsfree -Check
* Phonebook transfer -Check
* SMS messaging (Cannot get this to work, always grey'd out)
* Data transfer -Check

I did have to hack the Dash to enable DUN, and then do a manual config for the TT to see the Dash data.
I used this article

Here are the manual settings I used on the TT:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username:
Password:
Dial: *99#
Connection string: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com" (it said case sensitive, I used default)

Last edited:
updated TomTom (just got a 920T)
TomTom tested, GO 920T
Wireless carrier Verizon
What data plan is being used if any Unlimitted
Phone manufacture and model number. Plam TREO700WX
Which features work Phone Book, DATA
Handsfree Yes
Phonebook transfer yes
SMS messaging
Data transfer (when testing try weather service as no subscription is required) all

TomTom 720
Verizon Wireless
Blackberry Pearl
Unlimited Data Plan (you will need a data plan)
$15 Broadband Access Plan (this is necessary)

traffic : yes
weather: yes
phonebook transfer: yes
handsfree: haven't tried it yet, but should work. Ill keep ya posted.

I used the info from DAvidJVC in this thread http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=5018

Need help with TTOne & TMobile Dash

Yall

I am on the end of the rope here. I tried to pair my TT1 with my Dash for traffic, cameras and the likes but after the initial screen it comes back with the message saying The required features could not be found for this phone.

Does anyone out there knows what I have to do in order to pair these devices?

ARosenthal

Ask a Question