XXL550-TM questions

This GPS unit was given to me for Christmas. It has been updated and I have set my preferences; however, I have two questions or observations:

1. My home GPS position does not line up with my house. I have read Rick F.?s answer to Zilla posted 1/3/11 but the last two steps do not seem to apply to my unit. How do I bring the map and the GPS position into agreement for my home and other know addresses?

2 .When I select a route that leaves from my home, it does not map the most direct route. It directs me away from main street and takes me around the block before the route gets to the correct street. It is about ? mile extra loop. I have tried the alternate route selection and it is even worse. I have also tried making changes from fastest route to shortest route but it does not help. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

David

Welcome to TTF.

The fact the gps doesn't show your home in the precise location is a result of a mapping error. (My units always show my house 8 away from the actual location). In fact, many users do NOT show their actual home address anyway, in case the unit gets lost or stolen. Often, users will show their home location a block or two away from reality.

2. Just set out on what you consider the appropriate direction. The unit will 'catch up' shortly and recalculate the route from where you currently are.

Ask a Question