XXL gone nuts

Hi folks, new member here.
I bought the Tom Tom XXL off a shopping channel. It is supposed to have lifetime map upgrades. So I connected the gps to my pc and went to the tomtom home page to upgrade.
Information started passing from one unit to another and when it was done, my gps won't work. By that I mean it will turn on and go to the home page but when I try to type in an address or do anything after the home page it shuts down (black screens) and then reboots to where I started. Over and over again.

Can someone help me with this. I really like it over my garmin, but this is ridiculous.

Try this.....

Make an Explorer, not Home backup of your unit's contents. Then use the emulator (Operate my Unit) in Home to plan a trip. Make sure your state is selected in the city screen, not the generic USA symbol. Complete the task and disconnect properly from the computer using Home's Device Disconnect icon.

Reset the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Any better?

Ask a Question