XL340UK computer voice probleam

Got my XL340 the other day. Downloaded map up date and the Richard UK computer voice. Wife loves the UK acent. But the 340 frooze up on boot screen. Tried to unfreeze it no luck. Thankfuly to advice to do exsplorer back up before I did anything so wiped hd and coped back up to tomtom. That fixed that. Redid updates with out Richards voic e worked great. Then put Richards voice back on frooze up agean. So hade to do everything over agean with out Richards voce works great. So did a new exsporer back up. Is it normal for mapupdates and baxk up;/restore to take 3 hrs or could it be probleam in the XL340?

Did you reset your unit when it froze? (think you need to hold the power button for about 10 seconds on that unit.).

Also think your model is usb 1.1 compliant, not 2.0. That will slow down read/writes to/from the unit.

I didn't think the XL was available in the UK with computer voices? I know it could be enabled by hacking a few files on the device but TomTom took a rather dim view of this - Mike

I didn't think the XL was available in the UK with computer voices?
OP isn't in the UK (he's in the US). His wife just likes the UK voice.

Got my XL340 the other day. Downloaded map up date and the Richard UK computer voice. Wife loves the UK acent. But the 340 frooze up on boot screen. Tried to unfreeze it no luck. Thankfuly to advice to do exsplorer back up before I did anything so wiped hd and coped back up to tomtom. That fixed that. Redid updates with out Richards voic e worked great. Then put Richards voice back on frooze up agean. So hade to do everything over agean with out Richards voce works great. So did a new exsporer back up. Is it normal for mapupdates and baxk up;/restore to take 3 hrs or could it be probleam in the XL340?

Do any of the computer voices work?

Any of the ones offered using Home's Add maps/voices-->Computer voices should.

Any of the ones offered using Home's Add maps/voices-->Computer voices should.

I was asking him because he said he updated the TT through TTHome. If he updated the navcore the loquendo could be broken. I was thinking Richard may work if he didn't update.

Ask a Question