XL340 vs XXL50

TomTom Model(s)
Start 55TM
I had a XL340 until I did a map upgrade and lost all the info on it, maps, voices. POIs, Favorites, etc.

Thought I did a wise thing and purchased an XXL550 but what a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have done more of my homework because the new device does't have all the functionality the old one had.

One thing in particular, I had my contact information on a startup screen on the XL340, no can do with the XXL550. I am also missing the over speed limit audible warning from the old device.

Bottom line, can anyone recommend a TomTom device that has more than 2gb memory with all the features I have come to know and love. I would also like to have a 5" screen.

Thank you, I am looking into the XXL 540 today. I was also notified by Tom Tom that they will replace the original unit since I could not get past the boot loader screen. According to them the problem may be that I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. I don't think this is my problem but theirs so that may be the reason they are willing to replace it.

Keep you posted.........

9/23/2010

Going to stay with the XXL 550M after using it on the road and getting more familiar with the way it works.

As far as my replacement unit it arrived yesterday but it is a refurbished unit with a 6 month warranty so now I will try to sell it to recoup some of my investment.

Thanks to all who replied and helped.

Last edited:

Ask a Question