XL340 S roads not on list?

I'm still pretty new at this, having purchased this unit in December 09 at Best Buy. I did the map upgrade immediately. Overall I'm pleased so far but I'm having one problem and I apologize if it's been asked before. When I attempt to enter a city, street name and number, sometimes I cannot find the street name on the list. Often it works fine but other times, such as here in Tucson, I cannot find even major, decades old roads on the list. When I am driving, they show up on the map though. Any suggestions are appreciated.

It may be the problem that prevails on many maps, namely, a specific street is associated with a certain town rather than another location where it really is found.

The next time this happens, when you are on a street you originally couldn't find, tap on the quickmenu and choose 'where am I?'. It may show a city location you hadn't entered initially.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. That at least partially solves the problem In "where am I?", a large area of Tucson appears as "Catalina Foothills", not an actual town or city but an area within Tucson. That doesn't make sense to me but now I know.

Unfortunately, when I tried "where am I?" on another major street (Speedway), it showed that I was in Tucson, even though I still cannot find that street or some other major roads like it on the list when I try to look for a Tucson address.

Zip Codes

The zip code method seems to do the trick, thanks very much. Unfortunately, since I don't always have access to the internet, I needed to find a zip code map I can bring along, but at least it works.

Ask a Question