Xl-335S-Downgrade!

I have found the problem of always showing the "charging" status on my XL-335 disgusting.
Can I downgrade it to an older version in which this problem does not exist?
I have not made any backup from older version.

Thanks

When are you seeing this 'charging' notification? Under normal circumstances, if you tap the satellite bars, the next screen shows the version number of the application. But it also shows the battery symbol on the top. If this is showing the 'charging' it means exactly that.....the battery is being charged while you have it connected to the car charger, or the pc via the usb cable, or through an ac adapter if you have one.

But......you don't see this symbol unless you DO tap the satellite bars.

So.....when is it that you see it????

When are you seeing this 'charging' notification? Under normal circumstances, if you tap the satellite bars, the next screen shows the version number of the application. But it also shows the battery symbol on the top. If this is showing the 'charging' it means exactly that.....the battery is being charged while you have it connected to the car charger, or the pc via the usb cable, or through an ac adapter if you have one.

But......you don't see this symbol unless you DO tap the satellite bars.

So.....when is it that you see it????

Actually I see it when I tap the satellite bar as you said. my application version is 9.025. I just want to see when the battery is fully charged., but it always showing charging when it is connected to car charger or usb port (no stop). I am not sure it's overcharging or a software bug. I read somewhere that it is a bug of new application version. isn't it?

Thanks

I know that the latest application for the Go series (7x and 9x) is 8.351 and it introduced a bug tsuch that the battery essentially never looks fully charges when disconnected from a power source (car or computer).

I don't have a 335 so I'm not sure if the charging bug is in earlier applications. From what I remember when playing with one at Costco, battery status is only shown when you click on the satellite bars, not while normally driving.

The 9.x application upgrade could have introduced a whole new interface, I wouldn't know since I haven't been able to try it.

If you want to downgrade, follow the steps here. When installing the app per the instructions, HOME should offer 8.415 first, than a reupgrade to 9.025. Just refuse the second upgrade to stay on 8.415.

I don't have a 335 so I'm not sure if the charging bug is in earlier applications. From what I remember when playing with one at Costco, battery status is only shown when you click on the satellite bars, not while normally driving.

The 9.x application upgrade could have introduced a whole new interface, I wouldn't know since I haven't been able to try it.

If you want to downgrade, follow the steps here. When installing the app per the instructions, HOME should offer 8.415 first, than a reupgrade to 9.025. Just refuse the second upgrade to stay on 8.415.

Thanks a lot
I downgraded the application to 8.415 following your instruction and the problem solved. Actually in 9.x version the battery status was only showing when I clicked on satellite bar exactly like 8.x version, but the battery indicator stops charging sign when the battery is fully charge in 8.415 while in 9.x it was always showing charging status, so I was always suspicious that the battery is charged or not.

I have the newest app on my 335S and I see what the OP is refering to, battery symbol is always cycling with the word charging under the battery. It also appears that when the charger is disconnected the battery symbol never shows a fully charged battery. The last 5% of the battery symbol is still white. However since the TT is usually plugged I'm not sure if it is worth downgrading for. Did the newest app fix bugs that are worse then the battery bug that it appears to have introduced? As a test yesterday I ran my TT on battery for a couple of hours and it still showed that I still had about 30% of the battery left, so it's battery performance appears to be quite good considering the size of the screen.

The biggest improvement in the new app that I'm aware of is that favorites are preserved when you upgrade maps.

You can preserve them on the 8.x app through a manual process, 9.x does it automatically.

Ask a Question