XL 2D map orientation

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom XL
Hi there
I got XL 4ETO3. The 2D always showes the map in the north direction ie the orientation of the symbole of the car is relative to the north which is very confusing. While the 3D map always show the symbole of the car going north. In the 2D is it possible to change the display of the orientation of the map the same as the 3D?
Regards
Sinan

Trying to recall what model that might be. The "4ET03" is a part number, and few if any of us have the magic decoder ring for those, and the specific answer (menu selections) will depend up on which XL model (there are dozens) you actually have. That said - any unit that can create a 2D "north up" view can also produce a 2D "direction up" view. Some models were unable to do the former.

Look for "Change preferences", then "2D/3D preferences" and on that page, you should find a check box for "In 2D view: rotate map in direction of travel".

I got XL 4ETO3.
The number we need is the serial number... the one under the barcode.

Also, I think there's some confusion over terms here....

While the 3D map always show the symbole of the car going north
Obviously that's not true, unless you happen to be driving north!
3D view always shows "direction up"

Trying to recall what model that might be. The "4ET03" is a part number, and few if any of us have the magic decoder ring for those, and the specific answer (menu selections) will depend up on which XL model (there are dozens) you actually have. That said - any unit that can create a 2D "north up" view can also produce a 2D "direction up" view. Some models were unable to do the former.

Look for "Change preferences", then "2D/3D preferences" and on that page, you should find a check box for "In 2D view: rotate map in direction of travel".

Hi there, thanks for your response. Unfortunately I dont have "change refrences" I only have "Options" which does not have "2D/3D preferences". Please note that the model stated on my XL is "model:4ETO3" and the serial number is GH7130A03150

I got XL 4ETO3.
The number we need is the serial number... the one under the barcode.

Also, I think there's some confusion over terms here....

While the 3D map always show the symbole of the car going north
Obviously that's not true, unless you happen to be driving north!
3D view always shows "direction up"

Hi
Thanks for your response. I think Canderson understand what I mean. However, the serial number is GH7130A03150.

OK. At least now we know what model you have. That's a 1GB XL IQRoutes2 with the 'dumbed down' EasyMenu system (similar to our XL350 model). Unfortunately, that unit does not have the fuller menu system of some of the others. I haven't read this other thread carefully to see what all of the options are that are returned when using this bit of slight of hand to make your own menus, so I can't say if that functionality will be returned by this means, but look here: https://www.tomtomforums.com/t22302-how-get-more-menu-options-models-easymenu.html

Ask a Question