Wrong Way Down One Way

Hello everyone,

I just recently recieved a Tomtom One as a gift, and used it for the first time yesterday. I live in an area of the world that is predominently one way streets. I decided to test it out to get around town, and it sent me down the wrong way on 3 one way streets just to get to my destination. I have tried using the "Fastest route" and the "shortest route" and both have me potentially breaking the law. I am running Map Version V660.1215, which I understand is an older map, but lets be honest...these are not new streets, so I can't understand why they wouldn't be updated to say...50+ years ago???
What I would like to know is this the dealings of having bought a Tomtom with an older map? Or is this just Tomtom in general??
I haven't heard of this problem with other GPS's.

I have this problem too, but it's not TT fault, it's a mapping error.

To make sure it's a mapping error, use the Browse Map function and locate the one way street. I believe if the one way street is marked by showing black arrows in the direction of traffic.

If it's missing, then TT doesn't know its one way and will route you there.

Just to show you how a one way street is marked

dump24862.jpg

I had this happen to me today. I've been using it to navigate me to work and friend's houses just to see it in action. Today, it directed me to turn the wrong way down a one way street. So I figure it must be a map error. But when I went to make a correction, it was marked already as a one way street. So it directed me to turn the worng way down a street that was marked as a one way on the map.

Ask a Question