Worried I've broken my TT ONE

Earlier I backed up my TT ONE IQ but half way through copying the files I accidently switched it off thereby disconnecting it from the PC. I immediately switched it back on again and restarted the back up which worked fine. I'm just worried now that I've corrupted some files. Can this be checked somehow?

If it was disconnected copying FROM the unit, there likely is no problem. It's only when you are copying data TO internal and there is an interruption or improper disconnect that issues arise.

Make the Explorer backup now.

Earlier I backed up my TT ONE IQ but half way through copying the files I accidently switched it off thereby disconnecting it from the PC. I immediately switched it back on again and restarted the back up which worked fine. I'm just worried now that I've corrupted some files. Can this be checked somehow?

If you unit backed up and you can use it , its probably fine. Do another backup preferrably an explorer backkup just in case. In "my computer" you can go to the tomtom folder and right click on properties. Then go to the tools tab on top and click on error checking. Make sure both choices are checked and then run this progam. It should correct any errors you may have.

If it was disconnected copying FROM the unit, there likely is no problem. It's only when you are copying data TO internal and there is an interruption or improper disconnect that issues arise.

Make the Explorer backup now.

I'm doing that now by highlighting all the files and folders then copying to a new folder on my external HD> However, I have noticed around 6 files with .chk extensions and they are recovered file fragments. Is this something to worry about?

They are NOT recovered file fragments. Windows 'thinks' they are because of the extention .chk. But TomTom's application is linux based and, as such, files with that extension have an entirely different and VITAL' use. Keep them!

They are NOT recovered file fragments. Windows 'thinks' they are because of the extention .chk. But TomTom's application is linux based and, as such, files with that extension have an entirely different and VITAL' use. Keep them!

Thanks for the quick response.
So am I right to assume that if I am able to successfully copy the contents of my TT ONE to a new folder on my laptop that it's fine (i.e. Vista would detect "broken" files during the copy) ?

Ask a Question