Should I be worried if my TOM Tom Is a way off course?

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
So I am 10 blocks from my destination and opened up my itinery settings (that were saved )and clicked on the address I needed , the Tom Tom 630 tried desperatley to send me a way off course like turn left and go back .. the time said to get there was over 35 minutes.. So I just kept ignoring and every few seconds the gps kept updating and still tried to send me back,,. Finally with only a block to go it finally got it right ..

Now I know why my wife says she will never trust it or depend on GPS for driving..
Was it just a bad sateliite feed? or does tom tom GPS service occasionally screw up? as this saved info ( itinery) has worked many times for me in the weeks back... :confused::confused::confused:

So I am 10 blocks from my destination and opened up my itinery settings (that were saved )and clicked on the address I needed , the Tom Tom 630 tried desperatley to send me a way off course like turn left and go back .. the time said to get there was over 35 minutes.. So I just kept ignoring and every few seconds the gps kept updating and still tried to send me back,,. Finally with only a block to go it finally got it right ..

Now I know why my wife says she will never trust it or depend on GPS for driving..
Was it just a bad sateliite feed? or does tom tom GPS service occasionally screw up? as this saved info ( itinery) has worked many times for me in the weeks back... :confused::confused::confused:

It doesn't make any differences as to what brand GPS you have. Some places are just off. With tomtom it is easy however, to correct any location that you want to return to often. You can add an exact GPS fix for the spot where your car is parked so the next time you go here it will be exact.

An Itinerary is not intended to take you to the end point destination as rapidly as possible and also be smart enough to figure out that you don't want to through all the prior points. Next time you need to do this, first bring up the Itinerary and mark all the prior points as having been passed and then your device will be able to navigate you by its the best route to the end point of the Itinerary.

First the itinery address point is the same one taken from my 'favorites' ..,, so that isn't the issue .. and the 'spot' itself within the itinery was the one I wanted not the one before or after .. in other words I had marked up to that point ' visited' so the next one was the one I needed.. :confused:

and by the way How do you mark where you parked your car to get that spot? .. I have looked into this and I have found that 'last spot visited' was the last spot I ended on journey not the spot I am presently 'sitting on' .. ???

Ask a Question