Won't Work

I have a TomTom One 3rd Edition that I tried to update using the TomTom software and now it won't work. The TomTom seems to work fine, when I boot it, it walks me through the setup stage, but then is says that there are no voices or maps. I have tried resetting it, and I have TRIED reinstalling the software, but nothing seems to work. I know the TomTom is good because it work for 3 months prior to the update. I cannot recall the update that caused the mess up as it took place about 4 months ago and I've just had it sitting on a shelf since.

When you look at the contents of the unit using Explorer, do you see a voices folder? A specific map folder?

Do you have a backup of your unit's contents (hopefully Explorer) by any chance?

Have you ever updated the map for the unit (If so, we can probably solve this problem you are having)

I don't see a map or voices folder. I just took a screen shot of TomTom's folder http://i44.tinypic.com/290spcx.png This is the TomTom itself, nothing is stored on my PC because I had to reinstall the OS a couple months ago. I never updated the maps, and the ONLY updates I did perform were through TomTom Home.

BTW, I don't know who you are, but thank you for the quick response, and if anything maybe I can at least get a general understanding of the issue

These are the contents of my US_Canada_and_Mexico map folder:
map-2.jpg

From the looks of the image you posted, you are missing the folder itself for the USA_and_Canada map.

Try this.......

Create a folder called USA_and_Canada It has to be EXACTLY that name.

Then move the files in your image that belong in the map folder. Use my image as a guideline. Not all your files belong in the folder. They belong where they are, in the root of the unit.

The .ov2 files belong in the map folder as well.

See how you get along that far.

Then restart the unit and see how far you get.

Last edited:
So then what options may be available to get this thing up and going again. If I do get a map how do I install it?

Do the map folder creation on the unit and move the appropriate files in there.

Don't know the next step until you do that and start the unit. We need to know how far along the bootup process you get.

Ask a Question