With my Go720 on my remote door locks will not work.

I've searched this forum and google but haven't found anyone else with this problem.

I have a Go720 and keep it in my '07 Chrysler 300. If I leave the TomTom on when I lock the car up, when I come back and try to open the locks with the remote it will not work. I need to use the key in the lock but that sets off the alarm until put the key in the ignition. Gets annoying.

As long as I turn the TomTom off before I leave the car everything works fine. At night it's fine but on trips or just running around for the day (I use my TomTom as my hands-free device) it becomes a pain.

Did I just get unlucky and get a TomTom with a frequency that closely matches my cars remote locks?

Anyway, any help would be great and appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Actually I have seen mention of that, tho only a couple of times. IIRC, one of the others with this issue was driving a Ford product. It seems to only affect a few specific models and years.

I did see where a poster in the Brit forum (I think) said his pacemaker (!) was affected by proximity to a 740 ...:eek:

I'll see if I can find the mention from 6 months or so ago. AFAIK, there was no solution offered.

I'm having a hard time sleeping so I felt like being a dork for a bit...

I researched and it appears the 2007 Chrysler 300 uses the KOBDT04A key. This key broadcasts on the 315mhz garage door frequency, so it seems really strange that the Tomtom is disrupting it. Unless you have an aftermarket security system.

The Tomtom 720 only broadcasts on the FM transmitter frequency (88mhz-107mhz) and the bluetooth (2400mhz) frequencies.

First of all, do you use FM and/or bluetooth on the Tomtom? If not, you can disable them in preferences, and it may help you out. Or, set the "turn off with loss of power" in battery saving preferences, that should shut down the Tomtom if the car is off.

I'm wondering if the cigarette lighter circuit stays on when your car is off. Does the Tomtom green charging light stay on? If so, perhaps the alarm is on the same circuit, and Tomtom is robbing all the power and not leaving enough for the car's alarm receiver to "hear" your key. I can't think of a workaround if this is the case.

Wow MVL, thank you for all the info.

Lets see. Answers in order.

Nope, no aftermarket security.

No FM but I do use the hands free so a yes to Bluetooth.

The "outlet" I use is always on but I've had other things plugged in that draw more power from the car when off that doesn't effect the door locks.

On a side note. My wife reminded me that I have this same problem when I park outside the local Kohls Department Store (Handicap spot <30' from the automatic doors).

Tomorrow I'll turn all extra options off on my 720 and see what happens. I'm hoping it just might be something that easy.

Thanks again,
ILWIS

Ask a Question