WiFi out of range

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Peter green, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Peter green

Peter green

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider550
    so my rider 550 started showing my home virgin media WiFi out of range. I have turned off and on. I have turned the rider unit off and on. I have tried my daughters WiFi and it connected ok. I came home and it still shows my WiFi out of range. All my other tech is picking up the WiFi ok ??? What have u /am I missing ? Ps blue toothe through phone working

Peter green, Mar 17, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. Peter green

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

dhn, Mar 17, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. Peter green

tgold

Miami Beach FL, New York NY and London UK
    TomTom Model(s):
    Android apps.
    Check that the Access Point of your Virgin gateway in operating on one of the worldwide 2.4GHz band channels of 1 through 11. If it running on channels 12, 13 or 14 it can be incompatible with products carrying FCC certification.

tgold, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Peter green

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    Just so we're clear - you unit doesn't even see your Virgin Hub 3.0? The SSID of the device doesn't show up in a list on your Rider? Or it DOES show up and won't connect to it?
    As I recall, your Rider will only connect to 2.4GHz, so if for some reason your hub is only working on 5.0GHz, other devices might work, but not the Rider.
    I always make sure the SSID for each band has a unique name so that I'm sure I know what it is I'm seeing in those lists.

canderson, Mar 23, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question