620 WiFi

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by srphelps, Aug 2, 2020 at 1:23 PM.

1. srphelps

srphelps

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom go 2535 live and via 1605 TM
    Hi everyone
    I have the TomTom go 620 WiFi and for some reason it droops. I have it mounted to my windshield and it will droop face down. It’s like the ball don’t fit the mount like it should. I hope you understand what I’m talking about from my description

srphelps, Aug 2, 2020 at 1:23 PM
    1. Advertisements

2. srphelps

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    Welcome to TomTomForums.

I have no suggestions.
    I have the same and must say that of all the TomTom devices I had over the years this one has the toughest ball/socket joint I ever had.
    If I make adjustments I always hang on to the suction portion with the other hand.

Arno, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:45 PM
    1. Advertisements

3. srphelps

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
    +1. Arno. The mounts for my 620 (and others that use that same mount) are very tight for me, too. There's something wrong with either the mount or the ball.
    I would go ahead and disassemble the ball from the mount (sounds like it will be a lot easier than it normally would be!) and see whether there are any issues inside the mount. There's a clear plastic piece inside the mount that captures the ball, and I'm wondering if it has cracked. You just twist the arm out of the mount with a bit of force. Just did it again myself yesterday to swap the usual suction cup for a fixed style mount/ball.

canderson, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:30 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question