Why does TT not recognise your device updates?

Everytime I connect device to the Home application. It detects new updates. I have a look at them and it's the same stuff I have already have on the device so why is it telling me to install it again?

I cannot check every version number I have to the new updates every time I connect the device online.

Whats going on here?

The proper application installed is by tapping the satellite bars ad the next screen shows what application version is installed.

Home's information is unreliable at times ..............

Tapping the satellite bars gives me the option of setting the GPS value eg degrees, minutes, etc.

I tapped the version number its says APP 8.414 (1239/090707)?????

Then that app is what is installed. And I believe it iss the latest for your model.

It is the latest application on the unit, NOT the map version and NOT the version of Home.

Everytime I connect device to the Home application. It detects new updates. I have a look at them and it's the same stuff I have already have on the device so why is it telling me to install it again?

What updates is it offering you? Quickgpsfix and mapshare updates are released daily, so you'll always get new updates of those.

Last edited:
Quickfix is one of the updates, how come that is updated daily?

Mapshare I know can be updated daily. I think the other is the map but it is the same one according to version number.

BTW when I install the quickGPSfix it goes into my computer rather then my device? Why is that?

When I check the manage my device option. I see two QGPSFIX installed on my computer but one on my device. I am not even sure how I move it to my device.

Everything downloaded from TomTom's servers, such as maps, gspquickfix, mapshare changes gets installed first on your computer and then installed on the unit.

How is it stored on my device? Is it automatic? AS the downloades are being downloaded? Because I get 2 files updates on my computer but only 1 on my device?

Why is QuickGPSfix being updated daily? What is it they are adding to it?

Let's say you get a quickfix every day for a month (It's possible), you'd have 30 sub folders in the C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris folder, one for each download but just one set of files on the unit as each download overwrites the previous one.

The same with map updates. You may have 3 updates to the same map on your computer, but just one map on the unit.
Downloads go into the folders defined in Home-->Tools-->Folder Locations.

How is it stored on my device? Is it automatic? AS the downloades are being downloaded? Because I get 2 files updates on my computer but only 1 on my device?

Why is QuickGPSfix being updated daily? What is it they are adding to it?

When tomtom home says you have an update. It is first downloaded to your computer . Then it is installed into your device . Home will scan your device when connected to your computer and determine what tomtom files or applications are needed in your device to give you and your device the latest information. Then you wil get the page on tomtom home what needs to be updated.

Yeah I am just getting confused why every other day there are new updates. I understand Map share can be updated every day but quickfix gps? not sure why that is update everyday? Does the satellites move at different patterns everyday? or what?

Yeah I am just getting confused why every other day there are new updates. I understand Map share can be updated every day but quickfix gps? not sure why that is update everyday? Does the satellites move at different patterns everyday? or what?

See here.

Ask a Question