Which phone is best for TomTom?

Hi all,

I've been searching online for ages about updates on TomTom being available for the iPhone, but can't see any progression.

So I'm wondering now, which phone would be best for TomTom? I can't decide whether to go for the Google software phone (T-Mobile G1), or the iPhone, or even a Blackberry. It seems impossible to find out from the TomTom website which phones it will work on, or which ones they are developing it for.

Can anyone tell me which phones run TomTom the best now, and if possible which of the above phones are likely to run it soon?!

Thanks for any help

Goto this link for phone compatibility.

If a phone is NOT listed, it doesn't necessarily mean the phone (or various features on it) won't work, it just means the phone has not been formally tested by TomTom.

If you use the Search function here and put in a phone type, you may come up with hits as members here are very good at posting their experiences, hacks and fixes to get their particular phone to connect with their TT gps.

Hi all,

I've been searching online for ages about updates on TomTom being available for the iPhone, but can't see any progression.

So I'm wondering now, which phone would be best for TomTom? I can't decide whether to go for the Google software phone (T-Mobile G1), or the iPhone, or even a Blackberry. It seems impossible to find out from the TomTom website which phones it will work on, or which ones they are developing it for.

Can anyone tell me which phones run TomTom the best now, and if possible which of the above phones are likely to run it soon?!

Thanks for any help

Phones running the Windows Mobile OS 6 or 6.1 will usually run Tom Tom for the PDA - I have it (vers 7.9x) running on my Sprint Titan with the USA/CANADA map 815.2022. My friend has it running on a blackberry using WinMo 6. If the phone you get does not have a built in gps you will need to get a blue tooth gps receiver to pair with it.

Alas the iPhone is slowly moving into the gps arena via a proprietary route.

Mule

I can vouch for a Sony W580i on a GO 720. It is working fine with no problems except the fact that I updated the maps and the nav so now it won't work over the radio for hands free :(

I have a 720 and even though my Blackberry 8310 wasn't one of the models listed when setting the device up (only listed 8100), it works perfectly.

Ask a Question