Where is the Map Store??????

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-s
I see lots of posts about new maps and map updates, etc., etc. BUT, the TT
Map Store is down and apparently has been down for a while!

Does anyone have a clue as to when it will be back???? I'd like to look into
what is available and how much.

Join the crowd Larry. Many of us are a bit irritated about the store being "down for maintenance" for so long. The way that people have been downloading new maps is by going to the UK Tomtom website, as their mapstore is open, and running a sale right now. In the upper right hand corner of the homepage, select the United Kingdom as your country instead of the United States. There are a few headaches involved, like having to come up with a UK address, and there have been a few questions regarding where to find the download after you've bought it. However it seems like for the most part people have been able to work their way through it with the assistance of the people on this board.

Thanks, Tuckerman

Thanks for the directions - found the info on maps via TT Home.

But I still have one question - where is the "NA" I keep hearing about??
I've got "USA & Canada" (came with the XL-S), but I'd like to look into
the more detailed (I think) "North America" edition.

That is the drawback to using Tomtom Home for map downloads. Home will only offer you the maps that are designed specifically for your device. There is not a North America map designed for the Tomtom 1, so you can not buy it through TT home. You have to do what I said in my last post, and go to the UK website. From there you select one of the other devices such as the 720 or 920, and one of the available maps shown will be the North America map.

You have to have a 2GB SD card and download the TT700 NA map or a 4GB SD card to download the larger TT910 NA map. The 910 map is .8mb to large for a 2GB card by itself and you still need all the original TT files on there.

Thanks - Everyone

Thank you all that replied to this inquiry. It's really great to be able to ask a question and get such prompt and helpful answers.

LarryF

Forget about the NA maps, I can't even buy the USA_and_Canada maps.. i.e my own "ONE" maps. I only get regional maps from the HOME store.

Forget about the NA maps, I can't even buy the USA_and_Canada maps.. i.e my own "ONE" maps. I only get regional maps from the HOME store.
If you are running TTHome version 2.x, there should be a box in the lower left corner that says it is only providing you with items recommended for your unit. That automatically EXCLUDES maps for other continents, etc. I had to uncheck that box before it would provide with a list that included the West/Centeral Europe map, for example. Once that box was unchecked, I could have had Singapore if I'd wanted it!

If you are running TTHome version 2.x, there should be a box in the lower left corner that says it is only providing you with items recommended for your unit. That automatically EXCLUDES maps for other continents, etc. I had to uncheck that box before it would provide with a list that included the West/Centeral Europe map, for example. Once that box was unchecked, I could have had Singapore if I'd wanted it!
yeah but it doesn't change the fact that I can't download full map, only regional maps. I can't see the USA_and_Canada map or the North_America map.

yeah but it doesn't change the fact that I can't download full map, only regional maps. I can't see the USA_and_Canada map or the North_America map.

You might want to try this:
Make a full backup of your unit's contents using Explorer and store in some folder on your computer. You could also use TTHome to make a backup.

Now, delete the NA map folder from your unit (or, USA & Canada, as the case may be). Also, delete the contents of the map folder in your download folder on the computer (<---this is located in your documents/tom tom home/ ..../download/map)

Now, use TTHome's 'Add Maps/Traffic/Voices,' icon and see what map is offered.

You can always restore the TTHome backup if something goes wrong.

latest map for 700

I have owned the tomtom 700 go for several years. It has its moments for sure.
My Issue is: map updates. Here are the particulars: Tomtom Go 700 with Version number 7.162; OS:2327; GPS v1.21; Boot 5.4201. Map is North American v567.0.
The map is frequently incorrect ,especially in the Norther Virginia/ DC area.
When I hook up to tomtom home there are "no updates" available. i have had this unit for a couple of years and find it difficult to believe that there have been no updates for the map since I purchased the device. It appears that there are several updates for other tomtom models. I feel it is likely that the 700 is not as "upgradeable" as perhaps later models...my luck:rolleyes:
Looking for a little assistance... I appreciate any support you can offer. Thanks

I have owned the tomtom 700 go for several years. It has its moments for sure.
My Issue is: map updates. Here are the particulars: Tomtom Go 700 with Version number 7.162; OS:2327; GPS v1.21; Boot 5.4201. Map is North American v567.0.
The map is frequently incorrect ,especially in the Norther Virginia/ DC area.
When I hook up to tomtom home there are "no updates" available. i have had this unit for a couple of years and find it difficult to believe that there have been no updates for the map since I purchased the device. It appears that there are several updates for other tomtom models. I feel it is likely that the 700 is not as "upgradeable" as perhaps later models...my luck:rolleyes:
Looking for a little assistance... I appreciate any support you can offer. Thanks

There is a difference between map 'updates' (which would be essentially free) and 'Add Maps/Voices' which show what's available for your specific unit (you do have an account with tomtom.com (?) ) but for which you will have to pay.

The problem is, specops1, is that after a certain amount of time, they no longer update the older maps at all. This, in turn, forces you to buy the latest maps to put on your GPS - but, if I understand this correctly, to use the latest maps, the software on the GPS (Navcore) has to be updated as well... And the thing that I am really not sure about is whether Navcore updates come with the newly purchased map or if there are issues with running newer versions of Navcore on older GPS models. I'm sure that someone much much more knowledgeable than I can answer that for you.

Your maps are out of date and are no longer being updated. The good news is since you have App v7.x you can purchase the newest v7 maps online, these have the new mapshare feature. You then receive content updates for a year after purchase.

Not sure what you are all talking about maps no longer being updated. The maps before version 7.x were never updated by download. Any updates you downloaded were for the navcore not the map.

Now the newest navcore with the newest maps enable the Mapshare feature which allow you to make and download corrections for what looks to be 1 yr. After that there will no longer be updates available for the map and you will have to buy a new one to continue downloading updates.

So how much are the regional maps in USD ?:eek: If you go to the UK map store the price is in GBP and the US Southeast map has a discount price of $29.95 GBP. The normal full price was $41.95 GBP. Now if I checked it right the Full price in USD is $82.00 and the discount price is $58.00. I'm sorry but that seems a little high....

Ask a Question