When will TomTom Plus traffic come to the US?

Chuck, the subscription to Traffic is not available yet.

-on your TomTom device, select change preferences
-on page 6, select edit PLUS account
-create a wireless Bluetooth connection using your phone (to make sure that your phone and provider are compatible, please see this link:
http://www.tomtom.com/phones)
-enter your username and password (you may have created these when you created an account at www.tomtom.com, this is usually your email and then the password)
-then select PLUS services on page 3 of the main menu

This should force open the traffic option for the TomTom U.S.

traffic

I bought my 910 last year with that as a consideration, but I was mostly interested in the traffic receiver, as the bluetooth connection required an even more expensive monthly data service from T-Mobile.

Any updates on that for the US. Am hoping that the roll-out of replacement devices in Europe means maybe TT have gotten it working over there finally.

If you have any blackberry the traffic works great. Its a little bit of a pain to setup, but once you do its good to go. I have an unlimited blackberry data plan with cingular, so all the traffic i want to dl is included and no extra charges. Also, if you call up tomtom after your 1 month "free" subscription to traffic expires, they will automatically renew it for you, FREE!! They also mentioned that tomtom has been debating charging in the US (there is currently no charge for US) for a yearly service to traffic but they've been discussing it for over a year!

I've been told by an inside sales rep to look for the RDS-TMC antenna to be released for the US in July, 07. Supposedly, the ones you can purchase now over the internet are for the European market only. Now word on the subscription thing...

Thaumaturge

I want the RDS-TMC antenna too... or Treo (Sprint 700p) support on the TomTom. :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the European antennas, thaumaturge... I'll stop drooling at eBay. :)

Ask a Question