What Map Version??

Any? You can update to any map you want.

I just bought a TomTom One and it has the USA_and_Canada map v665.1293

Apparently this map doesn't support the Map Correction feature (the unit tells me this).

I posted another topic and was told that version 667 does support this feature.

Do you know how I can get that version? Also, why don't I have the current map on my new TomTom? That doesn't make sense.

I just bought a TomTom One and it has the USA_and_Canada map v665.1293

Apparently this map doesn't support the Map Correction feature (the unit tells me this).

I posted another topic and was told that version 667 does support this feature.

Do you know how I can get that version? Also, why don't I have the current map on my new TomTom? That doesn't make sense.

It's 675. 667 doesn't exist.

Well you have a later map version than I do. I hae 660 although I do have 665 on a disc (it was a free upgrade). To be honest, 665 is pretty s****. So I do encourage you to update to either 675 or 7xx (I forget the digits).

You have the map that's as current as the day your TomTom was shipped.

Yes, I saw where I can buy version 675 for 99 euros.

The problem I have is I just purchased the unit new and the map (version 665) is out of date.

I've placed an email to TomTom support and I have my fingers crossed (which makes typing very difficult).

I heard back from customer support regarding my inquiry:

-----
You do have the latest maps that were available for your unit when the unit still had version 6 of the application installed. When you updated the application, you updated to Navcore 7 Lite. The version 6.75 map set is the one that Navcore 7 lite uses for the MapShare functions. The content of both maps are the same. Both maps have all of the same road coverage and POI. The only difference is MapShare. To use the MapShare feature on your unit, you must purchase the version 6.75 maps.
-----

So I bought a unit that when manufactured had an older version of the application. The map was current at that time. When I loaded HOME I was automatically updated to a newer version of the software, but the map wasn't updated. Alrighty then...

How often do the new map versions come out? I have been taking my kids to school functions at different and new schools and they are not in the TomTom. Kind of madening to still have to use Mapquest.

How often do the new map versions come out? I have been taking my kids to school functions at different and new schools and they are not in the TomTom. Kind of madening to still have to use Mapquest.

Are you searching through the built-in POI's? How about inputting the address of the school, does the TT find it that way?

Searching through the built in POI's shows they are not there. Putting in the addresses from Mapquest comes up empty too. On some of the addresses, it says not found.

Another option would to be use the Browse map feature.
I know its not done the easy way but if you browse where to school is and select the location with your finger, you can press the icon symbol on the bottom of the screen then select "Navigate there'.

Ask a Question