What is "unknown exception?"

I loaded the latest 2.2 software to my laptop and now it will not update my device (One XL). I get a "unknown exception has been detected". The TomTom website is no help. Has anyone else had the same problem? Any solutions? Thanks...

I loaded the latest 2.2 software to my laptop and now it will not update my device (One XL). I get a "unknown exception has been detected". The TomTom website is no help. Has anyone else had the same problem? Any solutions? Thanks...

My gut feeling is that the issue is with the TomTom server having problems communicating with your TTHome.

Having said that, a couple of questions, anyway. What version of the software did you install and did you install it using Home or just try copying the files/folders over using Explorer?

If you did use TThome to install the firmware, you might want to uninstall the software from the unit and try reinstalling it.

I had that same problem a few weeks ago. Very frusterating. I basically went to the log in part and did that a couple times and it would connect. I then after about a week of doing that deleted Home and downloaded it again and installed. All is good now. Something might have been corrupted!

Ask a Question