URL Unknown when uploading my Mapshare corrections

TomTom Model(s)
One XL S
Anybody else getting this???

I did a Mapshare update via TTHome Monday morning. I was on a trip Mon and Tue and applied a few corrections to my device. Since arrival back home Tue night, I have received the following message whenever I have tried to upload my corrections:

Unable to connect to the Tom Tom Map Share Server (URL unknown).

I'm trying to figure out if it is my device or my copy of TT home...or truly is an issue on the Map Share server side.

The detailed message is:

ERROR: Exception: Unable to connect to the TomTom Map Share server (URL unknown)
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:833
errorCallback(new Exception(this._stringBundle.GetStringFromName("mapUploadServerNotFound")));
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:77
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
2. function _startCommitFunction chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1030
if (typeof(unimportantError) != "undefined") {
3. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1017
}
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:77
5. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:825
successCallback(me._stringBundle.GetStringFromName("mapUploadRetrieveCommitDone"));
6. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:66
this._successCallback(this.successText);
7. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:51
this._success();

Members of the Brit forum are experiencing the same error. Suspect it is (again) a TomTom server issue.......only solution is usually to try again later.

Let me add one other possibility. I notice your map is 7.10; that map is a over a year old. In other words, you should NOT be able to get mapshares for that map. Maybe, it's the same situation for sending changes and the error you see is just sloppy coding for not being capable of sharing your changes any longer.

My first inclination is that it IS a server problem rather than the out of date issue but who knows with TT?

Last edited:
Thanks....I won't waste time trying things on my end.

My map is over a year old...so I did wonder about that....but I am still receiving updates. I got updates right before my trip....In trying to troubleshoot today, I lowered the "strictness" of my mapshare preferences and I received an additional 9000 updates today.

It definitely seems to be an issue with sending updates vs. receiving updates.

Last edited:
My first inclination is that it IS a server problem rather than the out of date issue but who knows with TT?
I hope you're right. I have the NA_2GB 810.1907 map on this 720 & now I'm receiving the following error on my work machine (after upgrading it to Home 2.5):

ERROR: Exception: Unable to connect to the TomTom Map Share server (URL unknown)
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:833
errorCallback(new Exception(this._stringBundle.GetStringFromName("mapUploadServerNotFound")));
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:77
2. function _startCommitFunction chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1030
if (typeof(unimportantError) != "undefined") {
3. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1017
}
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:77
5. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:825
successCallback(me._stringBundle.GetStringFromName("mapUploadRetrieveCommitDone"));
6. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:66
this._successCallback(this.successText);
7. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:51
this._success();

Time: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:00:34 GMT

Ask a Question